General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

MfPd5Au.jpg

ro6LXTf.jpg

5ov1k7.jpg

DISCUSS......

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

PREACH SCOTTY BALDWIN! 

LOL

God. Grandpa Thug Sonny Corinthos. They really need to move past this. I'm sure Facebook loved it.

Not sure what to think on the Spencer reveal.

They really can't think Maxie and Austin have any chance or chemistry as a couple. Like ... just stop. It's awkward and you can tell it's forced. Please don't.

I wish Brook Lynn would be right about Austin but you know she's going to have egg on her face as Austin is some wonderful amazing man. I'd rather he be secretly bad, but I feel like we've done that too much lately and Maxie doesn't need another of those.

And there it is. Esme is with Ryan.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

And Austin is with Scotty. Can they stop this? Maybe the Facebook Karens love this too?

I didn’t miss him at all. I reach for my remote every time I see him. Admittedly he looks better without the Rudy Giuliani shoe polish on his head. Why do women love this @sshole so much?

• Members

I don't get it. I don't get the appeal at all. I think many of them still cling to the memories of when Sonny was written by Claire Labine. Mo has charm so I can understand it but at the same time ... 

Scotty's disdain for Sonny is everything. He speaks for so many of us. I didn't miss him at all. I liked "Mike". They need to blend the two and get him out of the mob. 

Mo going grey works. I like it. It just seems silly to me that Sonny and even Jason are still mob thugs at this point. It doesn't work anymore

Edited by KMan101

• Members

IMO, It wasn't good outside of Spencer really being remorseful and Sonny's reaction to Spencer being the stalker. I didn't like the way the spoiler sounded when it was mentioned how Trina/the teens would try and expose Spencer and I didn't like the execution of it. But Spencer was really sorry and that was good. Sonny was disappointed in Spencer but I believe he could forgive Spencer, he did mention he would talk to him again about the situation. Nik I think on the other hand will bascially disown Nik. I think that Sonny really doesn't like Nik (which was why he was so quick to want to deal with him) and he knows how Nik abandoned Spencer & he really hasn't been a fan of him. I think he may take that into consideration when he's talking to Spencer again about his actions. 

He's more upset that Spencer sent the Teddy Bear to Avery than anything he or Esme did to Nikolas. I do think that Sonny did overreact with the way he barged into Wyndemere to deal with Nik. He should have told Nik what he really heard and some of that chaos could have been avoided. He also shouldn't have been so quick to want to harm Nik due to him being Spencer's father and also Avery's step-father. Also, wonder how the show may address Esme/Ryan's connection.

Also, I enjoyed the Jax/Carly/Joss scenes today. I like how they addressed and dealt with thing as their own family unit. I am liking Jax in this aftermath of Nixon Falls/Nina's lies storyline. He hasn't been judgmental, or been throwing people under the bus. He also hasn't been trying to make things worse, nor does he seem to be making decisions because he's trying to get Nina back. He's been acting pretty level-headed and actually seemed fair when it comes to all of the parties involved including Sonny. I do think he really did want to bring Sonny home to his family, though he doesn't really like him. Joss is angry at Nina and I am interested in seeing what happens the next time they have an interaction.

I also like Maxie and Nina's relationship. Maxie is supportive, but realistic and non judgmental in how she's dealing with Nina. And I've been enjoying Scott too. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I still cannot get over that they are writing SONNY to be the deus ex machina that unlocked the stalking storyline. This is exactly the kind of character-propping I didn't miss when he was away from the rest of the canvas.
This is a Victor Newman situation: any storyline, even tangentially connected to the character, ends up solved by the power of the great MANHOOD of Sonny. Urgh.
Another story whose payoff is disappointing for me.

Talking about dogs that didn't bark, while I certainly like their relationship too, I am quite surprised the fact Nina knew Peter was around and didn't say anything despite the danger to Maxie has not been made more of a thing. 

• Members

Ugghhhh I'm tired of Sonny already. Go back to Nixon Falls, you insufferable pain in the ass.

Despite that, I did enjoy the reveal. I just really, really wish that Sonny hadn't been the catalyst for it. The storyline was going along just fine without him.

And the less said about Austin, the better.

• Members

I'm glad that we're getting some serious movement with the stalker story. I was starting to get bored, but I know that the last month on-screen has really only been 24-48 hours in Port Charles, so really a lot has happened in that time lol.

Was the Spencer reveal kind of anticlimactic? Yeah, but that seems to be all the show knows how to do these days. At least it was a bigger event than Sonny coming home, lol. Honestly I'm just glad that the truth about Spencer is out because the story was pretty much at a standstill until that happened. Nothing could move forward with Spencer as a character, Spencer/Trina, Nik/Ava, Spencer/Nik, etc. until the truth about the stalking came out. Now we can deal with the fallout and actually have things happening.

Of course Sonny was pivotal in the reveal despite having zero part of this storyline. Oh, and he's disappointed in Cam, Trina, and Josslyn. Whatever! Also, Sonny believing Esme who he's literally never met or even heard of was kind of dumb

Please register in order to view this content

I am glad that someone finally brought up that Avery isn't just Ava's daughter but also Spencer's cousin.

Great, now we get to hear Nina talk about what a good man Sonny is. Also, gotta love how Nina barely blinked at Maxie being like, "So I went over to Carly's and told her you knew Sonny was alive this whole time." No-Drama Hospital strikes again!

Look at him just standing there completely dumbfounded. LMAO! Nik is so crappy. "Ava and I were building a family. We would've let you in." WTF? Nikolas, Spencer is your SON. You don't need to let him into the family. Ava is the outsider - she's the one you and Spencer would be letting in. This is why Spencer feels like his father loves Ava more than him and it's why I can manage to have some sympathy for the little sh-t, lol.

Also, today was the first time since Esme debuted that Spencer has had an entire episode without her being in any of his scenes I'm also glad that we're getting back to the Esme/Ryan connection. She looked so happy to see him! I was getting really bored with her. We can only watch her cling onto Spencer and make smug faces for so long. Hopefully now we'll find out more about what her connection to Ryan is, and hopefully her dynamic with the teens, including Spencer, will be more interesting now that everyone knows she set Ava's car on fire. It will be interesting to see what happens with her and Spencer. He lied and said that he told her to do it, but he was still really quick to rat her out about the fire. She won't be happy, and Spencer probably needs to sleep with one eye open.

Austin is a total flop, and so is Austin/Maxie. They've got to be kidding with this. They can't be serious about pairing these two?

I like Yuri the bodyguard. He's a sweetheart.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

That line made my heart hurt for Spencer. Nikolas just keeps making it clear his son comes second in his life. Which is in character but still really sad. I’m glad Spencer confessed though I guess this now goes in the direction of whatever future schemes Esme plans? I would really like Spencer to be in Trina’s orbit again so I hope this moves along quickly. One of the best moments of today was Spencer’s very sincere apology to Trina. Give us more of them show! 

Esme really hates Ava, it was apparent in their scenes today. I need a good reason for that. The actress is much better when not smiling smugly - I liked that her smile with Ryan was different than her smug scheming smile. 

Sonny is infuriating and I can’t handle that we are supposed to see his actions today as rational. Good for Nikolas for telling him he’s not even man enough to apologize. Next time remember you’re a Cassadine and threaten him with something horrible though.