General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's show was interesting. I liked the Sprina scenes today. Spencer did seem genuinely sorry when he was apologizing to Trina while they were alone today. Trina was hurt by his actions and involvement in the stalking but did hear him out. Things ended a bit rocky and I am interested in seeing how they make their way back to each other. 

Also for those who were saying months ago, they wanted Ava to bring her claws out more, it seems like she did that today. Her confronting Spencer and having him arrested at the end was a bit of a surprise. I had thought that Nikolas would be the one that would have him arrested, but it was her. I think there has been a shift in feelings towards Spencer and attitude towards him. She was more sympathetic towards him earlier, even when she originally thought he could be the stalker. But after Esme arrive and her car got torched and the truth finally came out she's taking off the gloves when it comes to him.

I do think that the show is doing this to continue Spencer's battle with her and Nik to some degree. I do wonder how Nikolas will react as well as others like Trina, and other members of Spencer's family like Alexis, Sonny and Laura when she comes back. It's going to be interesting to see where everyone falls in this battle, especially now that Spencer could be raising jail time. It's going to be interested to see their opinions on stuff, especially considering all the mistakes and crimes Ava has made herself and could/have should have had lengthy jail terms for. 

I also find it an interesting choice that Ava is not having Esme arrested. I don't think she will do that, at least not right now. I think she may believe that Spencer was the ringleader of everything and may choose to let Esme go free. That could prove to be a mistake and end up putting Ava in danger.

Also, I liked Alexis talk with Nikolas today and I do think she was getting through to him. If Ava hadn't had Spencer arrested maybe they could have taken a step closer to reconciliation.

And I liked the Sonny/Brando scenes which were warm and felt genuine.  Joss/Cam/Esme were fine and I think it's interesting how Esme gave Joss a veiled threat at the end. Cam really seems to buy that Esme/Spencer are into each other, while Joss doesn't buy her act at all. I believe that Esme will definitely try and stir up problems for them.

Edited by xtr

• Members

GH didnt downgrade them. Both actors asked to be taken off contract and they will continue to work on GH and are working around their college schedules

they went off contract to attend College not to go primetime or do films. Both have said they want to remain at GH.

• Members

Actors doing this always say that and so do the soaps employing them. You're just parroting the press release. The fact remains, if they're not on contract and they're talented, they can go at any time. So it'd be nice if they hung around, but until they sign a contract this is likely the same story we've all heard a million times with other actors in the same position. 

• Members

And again, actors always say this. You've been watching soaps for decades too, you know how this scenario often plays out the same as I do. It's not different now just bc of these actors. I'd love for them to stay on the show, but without a contract this easily can go the same way as a million other talented soap actors since the 1960s. It's not suddenly different because you really like them and I'm not wrong for pointing out the long, long historical basis of this.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Listen, I like "William" and "Sydney" too, but they're not my IRL friends. I think they're great on the show. I really hope they stay. But without a contract and as talented as they are they're as liable to dip if a bigger gig comes along as many, many other cases in daytime history. And pointing that issue out is me reading the situation, it's not about ruining your day, so you can stop vociferously insisting it will never happen and just allow for the difference of opinion and live with it. We'll see what happens.

• Members

I really enjoyed today.

I was surprised that it was Ava who had Spencer arrested and not Nikolas. I hope this is a sign that the war between them is far from over. And I loved those Sprina scenes, and the fact that the show is taking their time with them. A nice slow burn is exactly what they need. And while they’re doing that, Esme can cause problems for Joss and Cam. An Esme/Joss rivalry could actually be a good thing because it could distract Esme from Spencer and allow him and Trina to grow closer.

Britt kicked ass today as well. I love her stubborn streak, and I’m glad that she basically let Carly know that her mindset about Jason is total b.s. 

As for Brando/Sonny... ehhh it was ok. I’d much rather see Brando at work again

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think like any employee, freelance or salaried or on contract, they might not want to show their hand if they are indeed keeping their options open. GH is taking a risk by not locking them down. But they’re probably happy to have the work. 

Glad to see Ava the bitch is back.

I know this doesn't have to anything with me. But i felt i had to say something. Not that it will change anything. The way you reply to John is disgusting. You're definitely smart enough to find better wording. But you have to be condescending. The disrespect and trolling that goes on here is truly appalling. 

• Members

The way I responded was due to constant pushback re: acknowledging even the possibility these young actors could leave the show off-contract. When I brought it up I was talking about something that was a historical fact, and I kept getting replies insisting it won't happen. I learned a long, long time ago in my own life how to defend my own voice due to experiences which you know nothing about, and because of that when people keep telling you you're not allowed to give your opinion based on facts and your intellect I know how to dig in. If you know anything about me, you know that.

I can absolutely be condescending, but here I was stating facts. If you have a problem with that conversation, which ended civilly as I tried my level best to explain that it was not about John but about the history of this sort of contract situation, you are more than welcome to PM me and talk about it straight up. Or you can report it. That always works. But I'm done with it.