General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It does seem like they being a pretty light on drama after this return for whatever reasons. Maybe it's because they know they aren't going to go back to all of the couples that were originally involved. It does seem like they've moved on a least from the Jarly part of this equation. Jason seemed happy to get Britt's call today and I think they have been dropping signs they are going back to JaBritt. They may at least tease do something more with Sonny/Nina with Carly being irritated by it. 

• Members

Yeah, it just isn't working (and wasn't going to). They just refuse to see it despite even some Howarth stans saying so on social media lol. It really just isn't working. The Stanco stans want Franco, not Austin. And the rest of us don't want either. So ... time for a decision to be made that Frank clearly doesn't want to make.

• Members

Oh, Esme sweetie... Chase has been with a girl just like you. It's been 5 seconds and he's already getting those Janelle vibes from her. Her shrieking at the PCPD was super annoying. Also, who the hell is picking out her wardrobe? This is a wealthy teenage girl who's been living in France? Why is she dressed like she's from Little House on the Prairie? And I love how Trina didn't even acknowledge her request at the end and just walked out. LMAO

I would've paid money to see the scene of Scotty taking Esme's call, laughing, and hanging up. Also, does the hospital not have security cameras? Shouldn't it be easy to get video footage of who set Ava's car on fire?

Josslyn knows that Spencer likes Trina because he flat out told her that. Is Joss ever going to share this information with Trina, who is talking about how she has feelings for Spencer?

Please register in order to view this content

Cam finding the cowboy hat was super cute.

They're putting in overtime trying to make sure there is absolutely no drama with this Sonny/Jason/Carly story. Jason just comes right out and tells Sonny about Jarly's insta-love? The f-ck? WHERE'S THE DRAMA? This is so damn boring! And now Jason is peacing out the second Britt texts him. LOL. Thank god Nina is involved in this story because she is the only one making things interesting.

Sonny asking Jason if he can just shut off his feelings. Ummm. Have you met Jason. LOL

BROOKLYN IS WEARING A HOODIE. Not a blazer! She looked super cute. I don't give a sh-t about Austin. Brooklyn can run him out of the country for all I care. This character is a complete flop.

Who's doing Maxie's eye shadow lately? She's looking like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show.

Ava visiting Spencer in jail

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Both Amanda Setton (Brook Lynn) and Kirsten Storms (Maxie) looked ten times better in their workout gear than the wardrobe they've been placed into for the past year or so.

Maura West (Ava) has been eating up her scripts and really putting out incredible work the past few weeks. I am loving this return to AVA JEROME!

The character of Austin could have worked had someone else been cast in the role... someone like Scott Holroyd (ex-Paul, ATWT). Hell, even Cameron Mathison would've been a solid choice.

• Members

Anyone would be better as Austin than Roger.  Franco/Liz stans want Franco.  People still post about Todd.  Nobody seems to want him as Austin., and casting him cuts the character off at the knees.  It’s going to go nowhere because of Frank wanting his friend to be there.

• Members

So GH has 2 mandates now.

1.  Must be vaccinated

2.  Absolutely no drama in the scripts!

Jason and Sonny scenes were painful and criminally drama free.  It was ridiculous!  There's a reason I always look to the GH women to salvage this sh!tty material.

LW played tf out of the scenes with Joss/Carly even tho she said very little.  When Joss talked about how Nina is playing the victim, Carly turns red, eyes slightly watery and you can tell there's a volcano she's trying to hold in.  I rewound that scene many times even tho I knew they would have been much better with Bobbie 

And yes, Maura West has been such a delight!  She is having fun and making me laugh at the same time.  Hopefully, Nik will be recast so West can have a scene partner and love interest worthy of her.  

Stanco masquerading as Austin is just ridiculous.  Not much left to say at this point. 

Britt as COS is laughable so nothing she does is to be taken serious.  Frank has made a complete joke of the hospital.  I only fast forward the scenes now.  

• Members

You'd think with Carly on every day every week we'd get more Bobbie but nope. LOL. I really think they miss the boat so many times in using the vets in ways that make sense. But then Frank would have to pay them so gotta pay for the pets.

I agree. I don't buy Britt as COS. And she lacks the fire she once had. I get why they're trying to make her a more 'regular' character but it's like they can't decide on a direction.

Maura West is fabulous. I loved Ava getting in Carly's head. MORE OF THIS!

I feel like we get like one day of good writing and the rest is such a mess ...

I also think it's quite obvious directions were shifted in storylines and they rushed to get Cameron Mathison and Charles Shaughnessy on-screen.

The flow has been awful. I used to be able to say they at least still play out a story but yeah not so much.

Frank needs to stop micromanaging and trust the writers. But he can't. He has his own agendas. Tell me there wasn't a Frank mandate to see more of "Dr. GH" and 'redeem' Peter.

Hilarious how the writers say 'Liz is the heart and soul' and yet we never see her. And she still doesn't have a perspective. Why is she not more involved in Cam, which would involve her more with Jason and Carly, etc? It makes no sense. It's gotta be deliberate. Oh goody, she gets to play nursemaid to Valentin. How riveting. But of course it's likely about Peter so ... of course we see her.

I love Bonnie Burroughs and Gladys but they really need to do more with her. Sasha and Blando are such wastes of airtime. They really need to go. Hallmark & GAC Family are waiting. Though I'd rather watch them than Michael and Wallow.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Whatever one can say about LW as Carly - I like her but I know her take on the role grates others - THIS is the kind of storyline she excels at.

Ironically, I was thinking that original Britt - the bitchy antagonist of the Patrick story - was perfectly believable as a potential CoS. But writers fail to see if you shave off a character's personality for the sake of one storyline, what in turn can be done in other storylines changes.

Seriously.
When Ava needled Carly on Jason and then Nina had that line about timing and Sonny walking in on Jason/Carly right before they could consummate, I thought OK They are still trying to build something up here: they keep playing Sonny/Nina so clearly they want to go there and they are finally hinting that the Jason/Carly stuff might bug Sonny enough to justify...
Oh look Sonny and Jason just had a "mature" conversation where 75% of the drama has been squeezed out of already.
OK Then.

• Members

Jason really just ran off to go see Britt without warning Carly that Sonny knows everything

I don't really care about the Greece storyline. And obviously they have him looking "rough" for the story, but I have to say that Cameron Mathison looks really good for 52.

I love Spencer and Ava in scenes together. Esme's whining and crying is really annoying. I love that Kevin has no use for her.

Man, those CarSon scenes were boring.