General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Tbh I have no desire to see any of the teens (yes I know they're 18) do love scenes or be naked. I'm fine with any sex they may be having just being implied. I adore Nick Chavez and think he's a cutie pie but I feel the same way about him too even though he's 22. They just look so young to me, like there's just not a lot to see there when they take their clothes off. They can kiss all they want but that's all I need to see, personally. Save the nudity and love scenes for someone like Josh Swickard

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The only surprising thing about Spencer and Esme sleeping together is they are SO not touchy feely with each other, pretty much ever. Even when they’re alone. But I can see Esme using sex as one of the ways to keep Spencer close to her. I doubt she has any real interest in him, sexually or otherwise. 

I was expecting all the college age teen actors to be on less, but somehow Eden, who will also be playing competitive volleyball, is still on contract? I guess there will be more Esme vs Joss. I was really hoping we would get a grand romance with Spencer and Trina. 

Edited by Nixor

• Members

Spencer doesn't even look at Esme like he's attracted to her. There is zero affection there. They're beyond asexual, which is why I have to wonder if the complete lack of chemistry is intentional. Their scenes are just totally awkward to watch. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

Oh it has to be.
I am not a NC groupie but he can act and he can turn on the charm when he wants. So he wouldn't play it THAT way so consistently if it wasn't intentional. But I said before, it kinda had been going on too long without explaining us WHY they are together if Spencer is so not into it.
This is all very confusing but I need at least a hint.

If they know where they are going with this of course. Which, based on recent track record, they might not.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I've seen people who question if Spencer and Esme are really even a couple because there is just so little chemistry and affection there. I too have to believe it's intentional because look at how he turns on the charm with Trina. NC is more than capable of generating chemistry. He has more spark with Trina in the 2 second preview for Monday than he's had in every scene with Esme combined. 

• Members

Agree completely about the decidedly intentional lack of chemistry between Spencer and Esme. I could buy them as partners in crime who like to cause trouble, but I really need the backstory. Was Spencer just bored and lonely in boarding school and that’s why he took up with her? If he’s staying with her now because he feels like he has to (either because he owes her or he’s afraid of her) I want to know that too. Spencer was coming on to Trina so hard at first and while it’s clear he still digs her, the script itself makes it seem like he’s loyal to Esme. I’m gonna need some explainin

• Members

Esme/Spencer really don't have chemistry. But I definitely think there has been a shift in the way they have been portrayed as couple recently. I do think that the show has made them more touch feely lately as a couple and trying to sell them as more of a "real couple" for whatever reasons. Spencer went from not really being interested in Esme and being shocked/uncomfortable when she first kissed him to being more affectionate/boyfriendly towards her.

When he found out that Sonny was alive, he was being affectionate with her, by grabbing her hands and celebrating a bit with her. He's also been shown snuggling up with her recently on the couch/cuddling with her. He's been shown defending her both publicly and privately lately and now they have revealed they are sleeping together, which seems a bit deliberate on the show's part. I am definitely interested in seeing why there seems to be shift with them.

I wonder if it's because they may really like the actress AP that plays Esme. Maybe they want her to stick around longer term and this might be why they are indicating there might be genuine feelings between her and Spencer. Plus Sydney is now recurring. Granted she could still be shown a nice amount like WL/Cameron has been shown. But I did hear someone say that Sydney indicated she might leave when her contract was originally supposed to be up, I believe next spring.

If that is the case maybe that's another reason why they seem to have shifted with Esme/Spencer. Plus, they are dragging out Esme's backstory, and being deliberately being vague about it. Maybe's that another indication they want to keep her around longer. Drew who is on once or twice every two weeks situation has been explained better than Esme's had. We still don't know much of anything about Esme's background, motivation, etc..

Esme/Spencer still don't really have chemistry but I do think that the show has been trying to paint them more like a genuine couple lately and I wonder why that is.

Edited by xtr
for clairfication

• Members

My mistake, I should have said when her contract was originally supposed to be up. It is true that she was just taken off of contract, but I have seen people indicate elsewhere that she might  leave sooner than later. There are people that still think she might leave some time next year. There are people on Daytime Dish that said she did an interview a bit back that indicated this. (Though that may have been before Sprina really took off) They have people over there who seem to have insider information. They have been correct regarding information that they have posted months in advance about spoilers and some show departures.

Hopefully Sydney sticks around for a while, And people like Nick Chavez are still promoting Sprina which is a nice sign. But you never know. Regardless though I think that there has definitely been a bit of shift with the portrayal of Spencer/Esme's relationship lately. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

It would be a shame if we never got to see Sprina with these actors. But the way this show has been lately, I could see them just never completing that thread. Still if Sydney leaves I hope they recast Trina with Sprina in mind. I do not need to see this become sort of Joss/Spencer/Esme triangle 

• Members

Hopefully, we end up getting Sprina with this set of actors. Nick and Sydney are still promoting them and they do have that Zoom event coming up. Those are good signs for the couple and it does seem like the show is starting to have more movement with them again. Even with factoring in the shift with Spencer/Esme.

I do think that the show has been a bit disappointing with the way they've handled Sprina the past seven weeks,(Ever since the Turret scenes/Esme's official introduction.) They haven't given them much alone time after Esme showed up interrupting them on the Turret. They've had like one alone scene since then (right after the stalker reveal).That's pretty much been it, until the scene we will get on Monday's show. I would have liked to have seen them get more time to interact/bond in spite of Esme introduction.  I think that would have been better and given even more weight to them and the stalker reveal. 

And I think they should have also done a better job of developing Esme/explaining Spencer's motivations for being with her. She's been on too much to not have any more development than she's had. We really don't anything about her outside of the fact that she's Spencer's girlfriend and she's adopted. They should have done a better job of explaining her motives/who she's really/after what she really wants. I don't like how they are dragging out/being vague about her backstory.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Sydney & William asked to go recurring because of taking college classes but both want to remain on GH.

James Patrick Stuart who plays Valentin has never been on contract with GH in his 5 plus years on the show & he gets major story a lot.

Being recurring doesnt mean we wont see Trina and Cam. It just gives the actors control to work GH around their classes & Im sure GH knows what they have with this younger set & know it would be dumb to lose them. So I bet they will work with them.

Edited by John

• Members

If they don't have a contract they can't keep them, whether they say they are "working with them" or not. It may work right now but if Lipton or SM get another offer from primetime, streaming, etc. they will be gone. Whenever that happens soaps always say they will "work with" hot young stars who get other jobs. It always ends the same way, this is a very old story.