General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's episode looked boring as can be anyway. Yesterday was horrible. I agree with whoever said it was way too much exposition. A whole lot of talking, and mostly about Peter nonsense. I don't care.

I also love how Robert pops up after MONTHS and we're just supposed to act like he's been a part of this story all along. I mean I'm super happy that Tristan is back but it made me laugh.

Why would they show a rerun with Franco? Are they trying to confuse viewers with all of RH's different characters?

• Members

Lol!  I was super confused as a regular viewer when I tuned in today because I did not know it was a rerun for a minute and was like WTF did I miss?  Why did they re-run today?  GH airs the same time as Days does in my market but I know it's later most places.

• Members

This happened to me a couple months ago. I didn't know the show had been preempted, so when I got home I just pulled up the episode that had aired that day and started watching. Five minutes in I finally realized it wasn't new when I saw Franco. I was SO confused.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Not much happened.

A mind controlled Drew tried to kill Robert and Anna

Sam and Dante kissed, and talked about taking things slow 

Chase convinced Brook Lynn to go a little easier on Austin, especially over Leo

And Victor revealed to Valentin what we all suspected

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Today's show was loaded. It was pretty good. Spencer is really getting it handled to him left and right... Nikolas cuts his off his credit cards again, Carly doesn't want him to stay at the Metro Court and got on his case, after he tried to get Britt to pay for a room for him/Esme for a night. (While they figured things out) Also, lol at him wanting to be roommates with Britt. Britt told him no quickly on that lol. And Portia really doesn't seem to like him now that Trina told her the truth about getting her to lie about his identity and him being the stalker and drenching her with blood.

Portia is definitely going to be against any type of relationship he has with Trina, whether that's a friendship or a romance.  She did tell Trina she's a young woman now, but she also Nikolas that him and Spencer better not hurt Trina again. And if Spencer knows what's good for him, he will stay away from Trina. She will definitely disapprove of them and I think that when the parternity secret comes out that will cause even more tension with those three. As Trina will be hurt by that and I could see that drawing her closer to Spencer, who has also lied to her. Trina told ava today that she would never trust Spencer again, but I believe she will.

They've got Esme and Spencer acting closer and more and more like a couple. They indicated today they are sleeping together, with showing Esme in the hotel bed with nothing but a sheet wrapped around her. Esme does have a hold on Spencer and it's going to be interesting to see how that shakes out. She seems like she might end up manipulating Cam a bit, with him defending her today, saying that the Spencer was also responsible for the plan & him listening to her, when she plead with him to help Spencer. Joss isn't buying her act but Cam is and I could see that causing problems for Cam/Joss as well as the other teens. I am interested in seeing how things work out including learning more about Esme's background/the phone call on Monday and well as seeing Sprina get an alone scene on Monday. I do think that Trina will not really believe the stuff that spencer is telling her and will want to keep him at a distance, until she ends up getting closer to him.

Joss and Nina's scenes were also interesting today, when Joss became very emotional when she was talking about the gift that Nina gave her. She tore the pages out when she mentioned the things she wrote about while the family was grieving Sonny. She also told Nina she never wanted to see her again. Heck, maybe Nina/Spencer can talk to each other, since they both have made a lot of people mad lol.

And I was happy to see Phyllis visit Sonny. I liked their interaction and how she told him she wanted to meet him as Sonny. Their interaction was warm and lovely and they seemed as close as they were when she thought he was Mike. I'm glad he offered to look out for her and I hope she ends up sticking around in Port Charles. 

Also, a couple of people said on Twitter, that Sydney is now recurring and has been taken off of contract. That may just be because she's in college. Will Lipton is also recurring and we still see Cam a nice amount.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I'm so happy that Phyllis is in Port Charles! Hopefully it's permanent. I really enjoyed her scenes with Sonny today. He seemed so genuinely happy to see her. They had me smiling. I loved Carly's reaction to the cowboy hat. The Phyllis/Sonny bond is definitely the best thing to come out of the Nixon Falls storyline.

Britt's on! I would actually love for Spencer to live with her (minus Esme), but I loved how she was just like "ummmm I'll pass." I want to see him slumming it at Kelly's or cleaning toilets at GH. I didn't like Spencer in the tan jacket, lol.

Spencer and Esme really have zero chemistry and it's kind of painful to watch. I can't tell if the lack of chemistry is intentional (since we're obviously not supposed to be rooting for them together) or if the actors genuinely just suck together.

LOL, here comes Esme swooping in on Cameron, fake tears and all. He's probably naive enough to fall for her act.

Please register in order to view this content

Wouldn't it be cool if we got to see Kristina be angry at Nina instead of always getting Joss's POV?

Ha, I love that Portia has no time for Spencer or Nik. She was in total mama bear mode. Loved her "oh hell no" when she found out Spencer was behind the fake blood. She reminded me of my own mother today. Loved her basically telling Nik to f-ck off.

I so wish that the show hadn't been preempted the other day because the Sprina scene in Monday's preview is *swoon* - I wish we could've seen that today.

• Members

Was surprised to see Esme covered up in a sheet. I've hardly seen love scenes (or implied love scenes) with actual 18/19 year olds on TV these days. Usually love scenes feature 25 year olds playing 18/19. Grownish was like that at first. 

Edited by ironlion