YR: Legacy character recast

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Schmidt left because he wasn't interested in committing long term. I never understood Kleintank's Noah and his five minute singing career lol. I'm glad Kleintank is doing okay acting wise but he has been the worst Noah so far. Adamson's Noah was just never given anything interesting to do, with the revolving door of boring love interests (Adrianna, Courtney, Marisa, Tessa lol). 

• Members

I loved Kevin Schmidt in the role, but Robert Adamson despite being good looking was boring as hell and never could've been a leading man. He also worked with various writing regimes so I don't buy the excuses. I've been very confused why people are shocked by this. I'm glad they're giving Noah another go because the character should be around. The new guy looks good so I'm hoping he's a good actor.

• Members

I will be giving new Noah a chance, but I hope Josh actually has a long story for him and not something constructed for an initial month and then decides to toss anything until it sticks on the peripheral wall. I do find it funny that with Kyle leaving Noah comes back. It's like these characters can stay on the canvas long enough together to create a next-gen rivalry. I'm assuming that Sally is going to be his new love interest. Though someone on Twitter suggested he and Imani might be a good pairing. My dream story for Noah was that he bring a fiancée home who turned out to be Grace Turner's daughter.

I wonder are they planning to finally recast Chance by the end of the year? Or will they decide to bring on Daniel and a teenage Lucy instead for Phyllis and possibly Lily.

Robert Adamson's Noah was good, but they hardly gave that man anything worth a damn to do. Him being Sam from Cheers was never a good look. He should've been in the business world like the rest of the family. I liked his initial romance with Marissa, but that went down quicker than a flame and I wanted them to bring on Ravi's sister as a love interest, but that never happened either.

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Hope springs eternal, I'm seeing, despite the fact that JG has done absolutely nothing to earn this level of trust. 

Robert Adamson seems like an affable, likeable guy who was really miscast in the role. Someone said that he should have been cast as Lauren and Scott's son and I tend to agree. Having RA cast as Scottie would have solved a lot of characterization and storyline problems, including lack of story for Lauren and the fact that the best onscreen chemistry Mariah has had (other than her all too brief interaction with Daniel Romalotti) is with her onscreen brother Noah.

It was a dual problem of terrible casting, but you still have to have competent writing, which Y&R hasn't had in almost 15 years.