Bold and Beautiful August 2021 Discussion

• Members

In terms of Eric/Quinn, an instant reunion with Eric making a 180 with no evolution seen onscreen is very much on par with how their union began -- as a surprise to viewers that they were f++king.  Character development? Watching a new couple fall in love? Meh, who needs that! lol.... 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Eric singing Always? What is this? Days of Our Lives 

Please register in order to view this content

Seriously though, that was sweet. I liked it. Carter/Quinn/Eric continues to be the best part of the show, despite the rapid pace. Sheila's return is getting better as well. 

• Members

They are establishing him as still suspicious she is going to cheat on him. But then it doesn't explain why he took her back - and they didn't explain why he took her back.

Maybe we are supposed to believe it is a trap? But what does he have to gain exactly by proving Quinn is going to cheat on him again? Is this directed at Carter instead? But misleading Quinn to prove Carter is untrustworthy makes Eric what exactly?

All the options I can think of are stupid and most of them make Eric look like an a**h**e.

• Members

We don't even know Jack and Li that well for them to be thrown into any story......While I always enjoy seeing Sheila, unfortunately I'm getting some Y&R 2005 vibes where KB is getting thrown into story with a bunch of newbies while basically lurking in the shadows...

• Members

It's so stupid to ask, but why couldn't we just have had Finn and Sheila communicating for months, before it being revealed to everyone she's Finn's birthmom....We could have had Sheila blackmail Jack and allow access to  BabyHayes with Finn's permission while avoiding Steffy at all costs.....Maybe in the meantime Sheila somehow gets back on good terms with Brooke, which ultimately leads to Brooke having to keep Sheila's secrets?? Maybe Justin becomes intrigued by Sheila himself and they becomes allies seeking revenge?

• Members

That would make perfect sense... have them connection on social media and text each other, forming a bond, and since he doesn't know what Sheila looks like, it would work. She knows it's his wedding day and then shows up to surprise him and he stands by her. But that would involve planning and not making up storylines at the last second...

• Members

I agree to all of that! maybe instead of doing the cliffhanger with Sheila's reveal the way they did...they could have had Finn finally convince her to give out her number to hear her voice, which is when the camera along with the signature evil music swell up for Sheila's reveal...haha 

• Members

Yes, you know you fail at characterization when the person you are trying to write as the psycho comes across as the one level-headed person in the room!

I am also secretly rooting for Sheila to just kill them all. Thought I was the only one.

• Members

I know I’m in the minority here, but I think she show is fine right now. Not as great as it could be, but it doesn’t deserve to be cancelled. I’m watching the first few seasons for the first time, and yeah, it’s obvious a lot more thought was put into plotting long term story arcs and character development compared to now. It’s just a different kind of show today. It’ll never be B&B from the 90s written by Bell Sr. again, but it’s still entertaining in its own way. I always have fun and look forward to watching every day, so I can’t really ask for much more. I’d miss it if it was off the air.

I just wish they would write better stuff for their non-white cast and use Shelia to her full potential. I want to see her go batsh*t crazy.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by JellyBean