Bold and Beautiful August 2021 Discussion

• Members

Yeah. I'm not a fan of it. LOL. I kept staring at his neck line when they showed him from the back. LOL.

I enjoy seeing Stephanie's portrait back up. It was also nice seeing Pam again. I love imagining Stephanie judging everyone, as that's exactly how she looks in her picture. Happy yet judgey. LOL. And I swear she was staring at Liam's dumbass wanting to jump out of the portrait and slap him again.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, I'm starting to go through Twitter feeds of the actors on my shows.  I'm X'ing every one that hailed and gushed over Cuomo. Hint: It's a lot.

Except for the baby switch story, I can't think of any recent B&B plotline that lasted more than 3-4 months. B&B only produces 18 minutes an episode, and since each scene needs to basically repeat the same dialogue as the prior scene (lol),  it's hard enough to get A & B stories in same episode.

Expecting bread crumbs - like Finn's family history - doesn't work with Bell's writing team. Pretty much 2-3 episodes before a story hits, hints are dropped. It's quite predictable. 

Clearly, the show works, but I believe it could be far better. I'm tuning in for the first time since the 'vat' - I've always popped in and out.     

• Members

The obvious explanation is Bell didn't come up with the idea of Finn being Sheila's son until recently. It was obviously nothing he planned for the character. He just had a random idea and thought "why not?".

And though I'm willing to suspend disbelief for Sheila, I have to wonder how hard it would have been to lay the groundwork for this storyline over the course of at least a couple of months. I can't believe that Finn being adopted wouldn't have come up even ONCE during the entire pregnancy. It seems like the kind of thing that would come to mind for a future parent at a time like that.

• Members

Of course that's what it is. That's what EVERY story he does is. I wouldn't expect him to be far-thinking like that - he has done it only once with the Angela story - but this is me thinking about how much better the show would be with better plotting and pacing.

I am actually OK with the stories themselves most of the time - it is the execution that drains them out.

• Members

Of course, the Angela story was Bell Sr, who clearly thought ahead in ALL of his storylines. In fact, that was the beauty of the early years of the show - how extremely well the storylines and characters were prepared even years in advance. Like Spectra Fashions - first shown on screen in 1989, but mentioned repeatedly in dialogue ever since 1987. Or Felicia Forrester - first came to town in 1990, after the rest of the family had spoken of her and discussed her absence since 1987. Thorne shooting Ridge, which was basically the culmination of almost two years of buildup and foreshadowing. Bridget's paternity, which was left unanswered until it came back into play years later. And so on. This actually used to be one of the show's strengths.

• Members

I can't stand her - another reason not to tune in.  At least with the recaps I can tell what's going on. Y&R I have no idea from recaps...it sounds like nothing is happening.  I had left the TV on by accident after the noon news and forgot I had tuned into the CBS local news.  I thought DAYS must be on because I didn't recognize anyone and it was Y&R.  I can't remember the last time I watched either B&B or Y&R.  I think on B&B I tuned in for a day to see what would be on Steffy's emmy reel because they mentioned it would be a moving story about addiction and would be well thought-out.  Well eyeroll there.  But I did only see part of 1 day of it so probably shouldn't judge.  

• Members

The warp speed at how this Sheila story is being presented is annoying. Just last Monday Finn randomly dropped he is adopted. By Friday Sheila shows up. By the end of Monday now everyone knows that Sheila is back. It would’ve have been nice Finn met with Sheila in secret for at least couple weeks to build up a relationship instead of foolishly immediately saying “Hey Mother I don’t even know come meet the rest of my family!”

This story is going to burnt out by the end of the month at this rate. I do wonder what Sheila’s connection to Finn’s dad is.

On a positive note I did hear the show today played an old score they use to play for Sheila back in the 90’s when she was talking to Finn it was a nice touch. 

• Members

I loved Sheila's entrance with the Finn scenes prior to introducing her to everyone else. B&B doesn't do anything slow, so I won't complain about the whiplash. We all know we better enjoy what we can because it's only a matter of time before Brad loses interest or ruins the storyline. I'll say the first positive is that Kimberlin has really good chemistry with Tanner. Depending on how they explain this and who the father is, this COULD be a good story. It's hard as a Sheila fan to get invested because they never get this character right since her 00 returns to both shows.

Another thing I noticed watching is that I wouldn't mind if they went ahead and wrote off Hope and Liam. They had their time, let them go to Forrester International and free up some space for other legacy characters. Felicia has a son out there, why not bring them on? I just realized seeing Hope and Liam that I have absolutely no interest in them and dread the moment they get anotherr storyline. 

• Members

That old music score made me feel like it's 90s again. I loved it... it's so bad they use this generic bland music now... I actually love how they did it. The episode was not badly written either. Which is shocking. I pray Sheila is here to stay.

• Members

Felicia and her son coming back would be great. They need to go ahead and bring on an older RJ who has graduated from college too. I also wouldn't mind Mary-Margaret and or Diana to return to the canvas since Sheila is back too. Imagine if Thomas fell for one of Sheila's daughters. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Loving the return of the old musical cues, and hoping we get some good flashbacks like in Sheila’s past returns. I am guessing Finn would have been conceived at some point after Sheila ran off with Mary and before her first return to LA, but who knows if that will be cleared up?