Bold and Beautiful August 2021 Discussion

• Members

That was pretty much the highlight. Everything old is new again with 90's cues. Wish DAYS would revisit their old scores. 

How was Sheila written off last time? Did she literally just fade away as an eavesdropping waitress? The fact that she left with such a whimper shows that the Forresters, etc. should see her with a "meh" rather than horror.  OooOOooohh she's got another mystery kid. Is she the female Stefano DiMera of breeding? 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The flashbacks were phenomenal. Who ever thought we’d see Lance and the bees again? But my favorite part of the episode was the side-eye Sheila kept giving Stephanie’s portrait. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Today's episode was a good one. Though I could've done without them dragging the reveal for that long. I was like "Just spit it out" already. 

I loved seeing the various flashbacks from over the years and Katie and Donna referencing that none of them were there during those times but had heard from Brooke about the tales of Sheila and the Forresters over the years too. 

I hope Brad has contacted Ian Buchanan and decides on someone to play Mary. I think having them on the canvas could expand this too. 

• Members

Once in a while, we get a really good episode. Just imagine how good it would be if they didn’t rush through everything.

Agreed.

They had their run. It was good for a while but now really should just be sent off somewhere. It’s definitely time for a new triangle 

• Members

Managing to both rush through this storyline in a week and STILL managed to make it drag out as we were waiting for Finn to spit out takes some skills.

I mean, Sheila returning is always a good *moment*; problem comes when it comes to making it a good *story*.

And I loathe KB with the heat of a thousand suns after the things she did and said in real life but she actually look very good.
I am always uncomfortable with how vicious people can be with the looks of actors. It is one thing to criticize things that are the actors' choice: hair for instance. But whether YOU find them aesthetically pleasing is extremely irrelevant. One thing I will say for English soaps is that they are perfectly comfortable casting normal-looking people for a huge proportion of their cast and noone bats an eye. 
I don't mind the eye candy but I want good actors and interesting characters first and foremost.

I disagree. Mind you, I want them on the backburner for a long while but I do not like sending longstanding characters off in the sunset without reason. Rick and Maya should still be around. Bridget should still be around. Etc.
Don't use them if they have been overused (as Hope and Liam have been) but don't get rid of them because they are still important characters with ties to everyone and a potential source for story.

Btw I forgot. Do we know where Thorne is or did the character just fade away after the disastrous experiment with the Trump fanatic from down under fizzled? I forgot if they wrote him out or just stopped talking about the character.

• Members

Both Hope and Liam could go to Paris to work for Forrester and Spencer respectively.  Both characters have long needed a rest. Liam of the golden Peen especially.

It would be a treat if we were to see some new blood on the screen. They could always have visits from Liam and Hope. Sometimes over-exposed characters should be written off to the benefit of the show. They, along with Wyatt and Flo could be off screen while we get a return of Rick, Felecia and son, and possibly one of Sheila's daughters.  The show could use a little shake-up.

• Members

At the very least they used flashbacks today and kept Stephanie’s memory alive! This story is way to rushed, they need to stop pulling random kids out of the woodwork for Sheila. would be great if we could see Erica/Mary again. Ultimately Sheila had a good run up to 2002, 2005 was okayish. 

Liam/Steffy/Hope has been exhausted and needs not be revisited. I’m not saying they need to be written off let’s just not go there again.

• Members

The flashbacks were fantastic…I had forgot all about Lance and the bees. Too bad we didn’t one with poor Ziggy as well.

Oddly Katie was around for a good chunk of the mid-late 90’s as Rick & Bridget’s live-in nanny but that was about all she did during those times. Poor Nancy Sloan. 

It’s beyond to time definitely to retire Liam & Hope or give them a good year’s rest to bring on Dino Forrester and I’d say that lost Brooke/Taylor spawn Jack to come back to LA. 

Are Wyatt & Flo still even on this show?

Please register in order to view this content