Bold and Beautiful August 2021 Discussion

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Apparently a number of B&B actors liked Ingo's anti-vaxx post. 

Not a surprise, I guess, but just another example of why soaps and social media are a putrid mix. 

I would also point out that several of them don't mind putting toxic chemicals in their faces so why do they object now...

• Members

I didn't watch during those years.  Some well aged Limburger for sure.  And is that REAL?  How long has B&B doing the body laying on the ground with 1 shoe off?  It's been done at least 5 or 6 times that I can think of, LOLLLLLLL.  

• Members

JMW and Jennifer Gareis both liked Ingo's post.

Aaron D. Spears tweeted replies to around 70+ tweets today (yes 70 or more replies) to defend his(Aaron's) statement that vaccines should not be mandated. ADS thinks vaccines should be a personal choice and he said it over and over and over today.
Edit to add that the following post after mine has one of ADS's worst tweets today.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

LMAO, the first fall with a shoe flying off.  This was during the "Everyone hates Rick so who is trying to kill him?" era right? I remember the show at one point pretty much had Ridge, Taylor,  Nick, Thorne, Stephanie, Steffy, Jackie, Owen etc. all plotting to kill Rick. There even was a car bomb and a random propane tank explosion LOL, and the show even brought back CJ, Jake, and Rocco as red herrings for who was trying to kill Rick. 

• Members

it had never occurred to me until now but it is funny how Brad did the same thing to both Rick and Thomas: after writing them as generic romantic lead of the new generation for a while, suddenly decided to turn them into a**h***s after a recast for no obvious reason.
And then backtracking.

• Members

Yes, it was totally ripping off from Who Shot JR! I guess Bradley figured Kyle Lower had a punchable face and hey, wouldn't it be fun if everyone had a go? I don't think he would have pulled that with Jacob Young who was a bigger name, more respected in the industry, and played 3 very popular characters on 3 different soaps. As Rick, JY can play bad guy but also demands juicier, more substantive material (well, as substantive as B&B can ever be). And the whole Who Wants to Kill Rick SL was pure meta camp -- we were pretty sure no-one was truly going to be killed off. It was like, let's enjoy this parody, which is created especially for The Soup.

I literally cannot believe it. Spears? JMW (who is incidentally Canadian)? I mean, I always figured Bill Bell and his family were from old school, low-tax Republican stock, but that was a different time, and largely a different party in many ways. Moreover, Brad Bell donated to Obama's campaign and his wife got an ambassadorship to Hungary. I just assumed most actors in soaps were pretty lowkey Hollywood liberals, but it seems like a larger fraction on B&B than I thought might not be. 

IR seems fully on the Trump motorcade, as does KB, but im wondering if JMW, JG and even ADS might be more libertarian and worried about precedence in terms of decision-making over one's body (hence vaccines being considered a personal choice, etc).

I have no clue what ADS's point is regarding vaccinating buildings/bridges against suicide. Woooooo. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Ah the 2007-2011 era of B&B was so laughably bad it was awful. If I recall right it was Thomas who was the one who ended up being Rick’s would be killer although they never explained how he learned to build a car bomb lol. I miss Drew Tyler Bell was my favorite Thomas but he quit acting. So far Atkinson is my second fav Thomas because both Gregory & Fode were quite dreadful in the roles. I have the misfortune of forever seeing Gregory’s Thomas ingest those aphrodisiac berries with Brooke while stranded on a tropical island.

Please register in order to view this content