Bold and Beautiful August 2021 Discussion

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agree. That's what I said that *as soon* as the rumor started about an upcoming Quinn/Carter affair many months ago.
I fully agree that it needed to be establish then to make *some sense* of Quinn's actions (I mean, Carter is hot but she had been happy with Eric so that was a sudden turnaround).
I actually don't mind them addressing erectile dysfunction; it is a problem and it is interestingly realistic for a man of Eric's age married to a younger woman. No vomit emoji for me; I think that's a good plot point.

But sadly because B&B doesn't do anything topical and character-based, I suspect that is a plot point because Eric is faking the reconciliation for whatever reason and this is his excuse not to sleep with the wife he is secretly still mad at.

Which brings up the question of why he doesn't use it now.

• Members

I don’t understand why Eric supposedly wants revenge. Quinn did him wrong but was going along with the divorce and not making trouble. Unless Eric spotted her with Carter unbeknownst to the viewers and is planning to out them both publicly after sabotaging her chances with Carter.

• Members

I honestly don't get it either. Not to mention it wouldn't make Eric very sympathetic.
But I struggle to find another explanation for some of the recent plot points otherwise.
I know we love to rag on Bell's writing etc but while I have plenty of gripes about his bad pacing and his not really diving deep into characters' motives, his plots almost always at least make sense.
Eric's 180 is really weird and too sudden to be on the up and up.
But I am merely speculating and kinda hoping I am wrong. I'd take bad writing that makes little sense over bad writing that makes a beloved character into some kind of a**h**e for, as you say, no obvious reason.

• Members

I said that to myself too. I was expecting the Hortons to pop into the scene singing along with Eric. That song must be in the public domain. Because you know Soaps don't use songs they have to pay a huge licensing fee anymore. 

I had thought they were going to go with Quinn finding out as soon as she got back with Eric that she was pregnant with Carter's baby. But it looks like they're going with Eric's "ED" story for now. 

You're speaking too much common sense. 

• Members

I was thinking of him while watching old episodes just a few weeks ago. I am glad he has rebounded from the tragedy in his life and is still around.
I still say casting Mark and then wasting him in a non-storyline and then disppearing him within months - even after they had gone to the trouble of borrowing Lauren Koslow from Days - was a wasted opportunity.

• Members

I was howling during Eric's "confession." I stopped watching B&B a long time ago after returning briefly. It's a very different show. It's a much sloppier version than it used to be.

ED is a serious medical condition afflicting a lot of men. Still, the execution made me laugh.

Finn seemed so naive at the wedding and even after, that emoji was stupid on his part and now his father Jack being just as naive where Sheila is concerned. Finn comes across as docile sometimes. 

I came back to the show for Ted but the writing is pretty bad. The pacing is so muddled.

I'm not excited that Sheila is back but her brief (hopefully) return should at least not end up being entirely predictable ie. baby being kidnapped.

I'm more interested in Jack's secret coming out and how that will affect his marriage to Li and his relationship with Finn. It's a huge lie and arguing it was for the best doesn't really fly. 

• Members

Ah, how cool is that. Dan McVicar is no longer the suave Prince Charming he once was, but Clarke will always remain an important and much loved B&B character.

It was a HUGE wasted opportunity - mostly because the other stories at the time weren't "great" in any way so it made even less sense.

• Members

I remember when The Soup on the E! network used to always include clips of this show in their segments, mocking the show (height of the Ron Moss/Ridge versus Kyle Lowder/Rick saga), they would have a field day with some of the scenes taking place on the show today lol

• Members

Truly ICONIQUE.

That Lowder-Moss era was classic -- for all the wrong reasons. Here's another one:

Listen out for the squeal as Rick goes over the edge 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat