Bold and Beautiful August 2021 Discussion

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've thought the last few episodes have been pretty decent. Although the constant talk about no drama and settling down, etc, was a bit overdone. Of course, that's never going to happen. I've found myself enjoying most of the scenes though without wanting to fastforward. 

For a show set around the fashion industry, it amazes me how poorly Ridge and Thomas are styled. Nothing about them looks "trendy". They look like they could have come from the 60's. Just putting them in a suit does not clean them up. Those in the fashion industry would realize that! 

• Members

The choices for the wedding weren’t good. Hopes dress was terrible and Paris’s want much better. These ladies have great figures, it shouldn’t be difficult to dress them.  Brooke looked nice in her sparkly number. 
Thomas’s plus one was his man bun. 

• Members

Speaking of Officer Byrd, Judge Judy's finalie should have been big, but there was no fan fare at all.

I get peacemaking but Hope is a bit too forgiving for agreeing to be Steffy's maid of honor. The gesture was nice though.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the rumors behind what Finn's dad suspicious behavior is about

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by ironlion

• Members

We have talked many times about Bell's pacing but imagine how much more powerful Sheila's appearance would have been if we had been slowly treated to the mystery of his origins for months. If, even in a throwaway scene during the whole whos-the-father story, it had been hinted Finn might have a secret mother.
We literally met Finn's parents and even heard anything about his history three days ago. This is such bad pacing and plotting, sorry.

• Members

Word. Things just feel thrown in (see Justin’s sudden plot against Bill, which at least made *some* sense, yet it’s been seemingly abandoned). “Make it up as you go along” feels like the CBS way these days.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

It is Bad Plotting 101 : Brad and Co. had brought on Finn to please most of the audience because they wanted Steffy with someone new (I did too) Yet, he didn't do any characterization for him in terms of his background. We don't even know if Finn is from California or back East? If we knew he was adopted since at least three months ago we could've gotten the mystery built up more. This felt like Brad had just thought out of this out of blue with no prior thought until a few months ago. 

I couldn't said it better myself.