• Members

That is all we saw. 

All of this "what Nina did was SO wrong" stuff is melodramatic. All she said was "I'm not your mom's mom, thats not how we're related." Plus she apologized profusely to both that bullying banshee Carly and her wimpy son Michael. The kid is 2. He's not damaged for the rest of his life AND considering Carly's history with Michael and AJ she should be the last one lecturing someone on "confusing children." 

It would be one thing if Nina did it intentionally or maliciously but it didm't play that way at all and she was genuinely sorry so the overreaction was absurd. 

Maybe Nina should hang Michael on a meathook and they'd be more understanding 

Edited by Vizion

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just my two cents but I figured it was implied that Nina said more to Wylie than the one sentence we heard her say on screen. Wylie is 2, he would not have interpreted Nina's one sentence about "I'm not your mommy's mommy" as "Willow isn't my real mommy." That doesn't even make sense, so clearly more was said to Wylie than what we saw. Regardless, Nina and Carly both look crazy.

• Members

That is true although, for the actor himself, he might read it as him/her not being able to pull off the role even with their best acting and it hurts their pride. That's what Ramsey gets at in his admittedly way too convoluted response: if he is an actor, he is supposed to be able to handle everything that is coming at him.
TR's comments, coming as they did in the midst of big scenes that unfortunately WR kinda whiffed on (and I say that as someone who doesn't mind his acting 80% of the time) read as a read even if TR didn't intend them that way.
What TR said was all true and I think he was more intent on calling the show out. But it is a reminder of the golden rule of "speaking truths":
- Does it need to be said?

- Does it need to be said by me?

- Does it need to be said by me here and now?
I think this was off-base on the latter point. This commentary was true but with the character still on-screen, there was nothing to gain even if we fans enjoyed the T.

Here is a thing I know we GH viewers are not used to so maybe we missed it: how about both women have good points and grievances AND are completely making the situation worse? How about there is nobody to root for or against but a very complicated situation being messy because real people don't always react wisely to tough calls?
I like that story - at least so far - because it is indeed, as many above have said, easy to side with one one scene and then realize the other has a point the next.
That's good writing. If they manage to add Ava to the mix later, I might thoroughly enjoy this as good soap stuff.
And additionally: Carly is a shrieking harpy but that's the way she is written. LW is giving them exactly what they want and she is doing a good job at it. I have problems with the character and the writing choices but not with her acting.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

This is where a character like Robin or Nikolas could really be of use to Nina had those relationships been developed (or KMc still on the show).  Considering they were both involved in Carly’s lies about paternity in the past, with AJ and Nikolas.  Robin especially.  It would give Nina someone to confide in, and allow the story to continue to simmer.

The biggest thing these shows have forgotten is how to build towards a payoff.  If you want the ratings to rise on a soap, you built the story up over time- especially if you are going to route of making a character unhinged.  She should not go full Annie for at least another six months to a year, and then the climax needs to be worth it.  Annie faking Reva throwing her down the stairs was the not the beginning of the story, nor the end.  It was the stakes being raised to another level.

• Members

After today I guess this plays into 

Please register in order to view this content

Laura Wright doesnt come off to me as a DIVA but maybe I am wrong. I doubt she would be pissed if Peter died and Wes left the show. Is this more of being someone FV likes more than the fact that Wes & Laura are dating?

Edited by John

• Members

To me there is a huge difference in how LW acts compared to Kelly Monaco.  Who clearly onscreen and vocally off screen wanted her partner to stay on the show and in her storyline.

Laura tweeting compliments and sending positive posts towards and about Wes do not strike me as diva-like or unprofessional.  The pet aspect has more to do with the story isn’t working, hasn’t been working, and just like Michael Easton and Roger, the show should have moved on or cut their losses ages ago.  I don’t think Laura has anything to do with him still having a job, just the hiring part.

• Members

When Roger Howarth is outacting you in scenes, it’s time to reflect on your life choices.

I kid re: the above, but Wes has gone completely off the rails. He’s playing to the cheap seats with these big, loud, obnoxious “classically trained” acting moments. But dude the camera’s right there. 

• Members

Well they do have the tendency to drag stuff out on GH for a long time. Maybe this time, they'll be correct in dragging something out for a while.

THIS

I've been hoping that the rumors are true, but with Frank's obsession with his pets, I don't know what to believe. Seriously, when it comes to pet actors, he puts Jill Farren Phelps to shame lol