• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You're so right! Back in his younger days, Wes Ramsey was genuinely appealing as Sam on GL. It's actually a skill to play a rootable "nice guy"; Josh Swickard (Chase) does it well, but very few of the other younger male actors on GH have been able to project that kind of warmth and personality. That's Wes Ramsey's skill set, and I agree that he could have pulled off a sensitive nice guy character like Lucky really well. But he's completely wrong for Peter, just like the guy who plays Cyrus is completely wrong for that part. It's frustrating, because GH has a lot of the elements to be a great soap, but then someone (maybe Frank Valenti) keeps making these mind-bogglingly bad decisions. 

• Members

Amen!!!. And...Shelly Altman.

Please register in order to view this content

That said...if it took this long for this moment of getting it reversed, I honestly believe given the changes in writers it HAS to be Frank who had it drag out this long. At least the current writers are 1) reversing it because NO ONE liked that bad rewrite though we loved Anna and Faison as ENEMIES and 2) using the reversal for (hopefully) maximum impact.

However there is no way to keep Peter on the canvas after this...especially once Jason finds out...without some redemptive arc or comeuppance. Or comeuppance with a redemption. If not, EVERYONE will cry foul...no matter how Frank or the writers want to see it. They better go old school and have Peter pay, suffer, go to prison, off the screen for a month to 3 months minimum/maximum and then start finding an organic non-tumor way to redeem him IF he must be kept around.

I will always love him as Wyatt on CHARMED, but honestly over his character now. It's time for him to bounce. 

• Members

Yes to most of this. All of you calling this more drama — that drama was created by Tristan Rogers, who stepped completely over the line in his criticism.

Instead, Wes Ramsey gets knocked for a long response? GMAFB. Imagine how much it hurts to be bashed like that, knowing Soap Twitter already hates you — and now your other cast members get to see it up close, too? 

I never defended WR before this, but I’ll defend him now, and I feel sorry for him. TR is a good guy, but he screwed up. This is on him, and no, it’s not ok because he was “honest.” Screw honesty when it hurts others and does moth to make anything better. TR solved nothing.

The number of people using this mess to go after Wes Ramsey even harder is disturbing and disgusting. They hate the character, but that’s bled into hating the actor. It’s appalling,and it’s sad.

if you can’t see, after reading his IG,  how all this has affected Ramsey, I feel sorry for you. It’s all one big example of how terrible social media can be.

• Members

I can't help but wonder if that really was the intention (Alex turning out to be Peter's mother) from the beginning, or if it was rewritten only because Anna being the mother was so unpopular with fans.  The show under Frank has had a history of tying pet characters and pet actors to popular characters and actors in order to prop them.

It's a backstage mystery lol

Is Frank's interference responsible for this mess of a storyline? Or is Chris Van Etten just a lousy writer? I wonder what Shelly Altman played in this as well, if she did at all. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

All of that.

I do feel that it being unpopular is part of why it got rewritten. But I do feel like Frank was stalling it out IMHO. I mean even I knew over the years how unpopular it was since I stopped watching regularly during that period.  

• Members

Despite everything, I have to admit today's episode was really good. Yeah, Wes' acting needs work and Finn was being too whiny and dramatic with Anna, but overall I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to tomorrow, not only for the Peter stuff, but the Carly/Nina scenes too

Definitely. He's gotta be desperate to keep WR on, I just have no idea how they're going to do it.

• Members

WR was the weak link, even if he wasn’t as godawful as he was yesterday. Everyone else was on point, especially Finola but including Kirsten Storms.

It did feel like a good classic soapy takedown (at a wedding!), but certainly not worth what we went through to get there.

• Members

Agreed. 

Even if everything had been completely perfect, it still wouldn't have been worth it. I imagine it would been a lot better had this all come out in like 2019 or something.

That's really the only thing that could possibly work. A long arc were no character is sacrificed. Luckily, the current regime loves to drag stuff out lol