RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As someone who only really read the DC blog (for a brief time) and the WLS blog (until it ended) and didn’t follow his blogs and had only heard of him via this message board, it is still very sad to hear this news. 

EDT. Wow, did he really tweet those things about KSJ? Or was that a tweeter trolling? Just did a search and instantly regret it.

• Members

Apparently he deleted the tweet but the screenshot was tweeted elsewhere, and turned up very quickly in a basic search. Unfortunate. 
A few people are making mention of his complicated persona, using words that indicate that he something to the effect of, that he was publicly polarizing and privately compassionate. Hopefully the compassion was there. On a human level, it is sad still, the passing before his time when there was still a lot of potential evolution that could have taken place.

One would hope that there would always be time for a person to evolve to be a better person, publicly as well as privately. R.I.P. to him and condolences to his loved ones.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

That's probably about the best summary I saw on Twitter. If he was kinder offline then it's another reminder of just how toxic and detrimental social media tends to be, and also a reminder of why you should not base your life and personality on that type of persona as so many soaps fans or bloggers tend to do.

Anyway, I hope he is at peace. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I found Nelson Branco's public persona to be deeply toxic and mentally unbalanced, which ultimately seemed to destroy whatever career he had. If there was more to him than what he put out there, as there usually is with most people away from the public eye, that's not for me to discuss; I didn't know it or see it and so I can't eulogize it or a career I didn't care for.  I'm sorry for the surviving people who knew and cared for him, I hope his loved ones find some comfort and I hope his passing was painless. That's all I got.

• Members

I remember when he sent Crystal Chappell fans to attack Kristian Alfonso on twitter years ago, and I remember I think that was the catalyst that got him canned from one of his soap publishing gigs.

I don't want to speak ill of the dead, but I Hope he has found some kind of peace and didn't suffer

• Members

Yeah, I remember him posting spoilers/articles from places like TV Guide Canada. I enjoyed a lot of that stuff and a lot of it was posted back when we used to get a lot of fun/interesting spoilers from several places. We don't get as that many interesting spoilers anymore, especially since a lot of soap sources/sites are no longer around. Nelson definitely played a part in delivering some interesting soap tidbits. May he rest in peace.