RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

I really hope this is not repeating. Peter Straub who actually liked soaps died on the 4th.

Award-winning author Peter Straub was a longtime fan of AMC & OLTL. - AFTERNOON DELIGHT

“Soap operas are a surefire, faithful source of sheer innocent narrative pleasure.” - Peter Straub as quoted in AFTERNOON DELIGHT

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Tonksadora
fetched 2 quotes

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Again I hope I'm not repeating, but I don't see it. I don't know why they picked yesterday but USA TODAY has done a picture heavy 'Who Has Died in 2022 So Far'

Who Has Died In 2022 as of 9-7-22

They say Anne Heche died on the 14th, so now it's in print as the 11th, the 12th and new as of yesterday the 14th. Crazy, surreal, etc.

Anyway, there may be some interest here because of the large number of people with pictures.

Coroner's report shows date of death to be the 11th.

"The coroner's office listed Aug. 11 as her date of death."

Edited by Tonksadora
date of death

• Members

I don't remember whose memoir or film tell-all it was - maybe the recent book on Rebel Without a Cause (which she left/was booted from) - which said she introduced herself to the cast and crew as 'I used to be Marsha Hunt,' IIRC not long after being blacklisted. What a history.

• Members

First William Klein, now this. A complex and at times punishing but still staggering legend. RIP. I've been meaning to dig deeper into his '80s work (after loving Every Man for Himself with Isabelle Huppert, very different from his classic films and experimenting with speed and motion) and I'll watch First Name: Carmen today (along with another Klein film). My Life to Live (Vivre Sa Vie) will never be equalled.

Edited by Vee