RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

I'm in shock. A few days ago I came across Alan's comment on Twitter about not seeing Nelson post for a while and did find that odd as well. I meant to email Nelson to inquire but he and I weren't really that close so I felt it wasn't my place to do so. Not knowing the circumstances of how or when, I will just say that I wish I had emailed him regardless. Whenever he and I spoke over the years, whether at the Emmys or that one time by phone, he was always kind and polite. Funny and alluring. Regardless of how he portrayed himself online or in his column, he seemed to genuinely care about the genre of soaps and the people he spoke about even when some felt he was being mean.

His light darkened way too soon. I'll miss him.

• Members

Thanks to @Forever8 for finding this and posting it in the 90210 thread...

Please register in order to view this content

Aug 25, 2022
ianziering Verified
In the last few months we’ve lost Jessica Klein one of 90210’s most prolific writers and producers, Denise Douse who played Mrs. Teasley, and now I’m very sad to say Joe E Tata has passed away. Joey was truly an OG, I remember seeing him on the Rockford files with James Garner years before we worked together on 90210. He was often one of the background villains in the original Batman series. One of the happiest people I’ve ever worked with, he was as generous with his wisdom as he was with his kindness. Though the peach pit was a 90210 set, It often felt like the backdrop to the Joe E Tata show. The stories of days gone by that he would share, incredible experiences in the entertainment industry that he was a part of would keep us all captivated. He may have been in the back of many scenes, but he was a leading force, especially to us guys, on how to appreciate the gift that 90210 was. My smile dims today but basking in fond memories moves him from my eyes to my heart where he will always be.
My sincere condolences go out to his family and friends, and everyone else he was dear too. Rest In peace Joey

• Members

Thank you. I'm sure there are people in smaller roles who've died. And, Jessica Klein. I don't know why I am fixated on Tylo & Brown but their deaths & Anne's have just had such an effect on me.

This is very nice.

Nathan Scoggins speaks abt. Anne & they sang ...

Edited by Tonksadora
IG acct. post

• Members

This is a report on Naomi Judd's death.  The coroner had to do a detailed formal report in order to have it legally ruled as a suicide (even though that wasn't in dispute).
This article describes the report compassionately and fairly
--- and is NOT sensationalized, and I appreciate that:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/27/naomi-judd-death-suicide-autopsy-report
If anyone wants to read about it, I suggest that link.  Instead of reading something on a more sensationalized site.

For anyone in need: List of international suicide hotlines
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/suicide/suicide-prevention-hotlines-resources-worldwide

Edited by janea4old