RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just a series of legends today, especially Nichelle Nichols who I grew up with. Her last years had allegedly been plagued with grifters and shifty figures trying to take advantage of her as she declined due to dementia. I'm glad that's over; it's no way to remember her. This is.

• Members

I loved her as Katrina Stoneheart in Pound Puppies! I also appreciated her presence in that very different final season of Too Close for Comfort.

She was a shining star here in D.C.’s theatre scene, notably for her collaborations with Michael Kahn at Shakespeare Theatre Company. I’ve been reading some lovely tributes on Facebook from actors she worked with back in the day.

• Members

I only knew the Seekers from oldies radio (and from Georgy Girl being a reference point on Sisters, the primetime family soap I loved in  the early '90s before it went to hell) but going back in recent years I was so impressed, and moved, by a great deal of their work. Judith Durham was among the very best vocalists out there. Just a voice of the angels. Pure and  clear. Really sad to hear of her suffering and that she's gone.

Edited by DRW50