Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Every Will and Sonny scene today was ruined by Chandler and Freddie grinning and smiling through every line. It's just unbelievable how they cannot play even one scene where they show respect  to the material.

Even in small doses, they're BAD and they ruin the scene. I know I harp on this, but neither of these guys should ever work in the business again. That Chandler grin at the end of the show was HORRENDOUS.

And giving them another kid? Another kid they can ignore? Sorry, they're boring enough.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you. I thought as much. Makes the scenes that much sweeter.

I liked today as well, not as much as Monday and Tuesday. I smh at Sarah. Still think LG is doing a great job.

I am still counting down to Kristen snapping. And I felt Eric/Xander was too short.

I liked how Wilson was used over all but...meh. I guess I too like them in short doses. 

Of course Kayla wants Steve...he was not behind the divorce so it was a misunderstanding, clearing the way.

For a moment, I did wonder if Justin (being a lawyer) would know the papers were fake. I even now wonder if that will be how RC writes it going forward.

• Members

If only ...

Brock would have made a good Will recast.

Unless we get old episodes ... zzzzz but it is encouraging they're including DAYS on Peacock. It's a 50+ year series on their network so it should be included (it's also in the top 3 on their NBC app in streaming so it also makes sense to include it for that reason)

It was such a waste. So boring. They could have cut that IMO. Zzzzzz. Will couldn't see Marlena but Sonny could see Justin and Steve?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I thought on paper, the Will/Sonny scenes were good because they added a little humor, called back to the baby talk on the night of the baby switch (Adrienne's death taking up so much space this week is a great dimension added to the switch reveal), and, most importantly, it was the narrative thread of the episode.  That is SO important because it adds a lot of credibility to the storytelling.  Part of why soaps are considered "low" for me is because there's very little cohesive structure... figuring out how tie disparate characters/stories together thematically in the daily shows goes a long way.  When Lorraine Broderick was breakdown writer for TomSell, she was really good at this.

What didn't work for me was Chandler Massey & Freddie Smith... they have basically completely lost their spark.  It's such a shame.  Chandler not only smirks 24/7, but he plays Will as usually always really happy... it doesn't track for the character, and there's little variation.  But Freddie is the one who has become almost unwatchable... there's always something annoying with him--either ridiculously saccharine (like wide-eyed) or hella pouty.  I really, really used to like these guys, too.  Both of them were so much better with Christopher Sean, and when he left was when I really started noticing how unpalatable they were becoming.

• Members

Agree with all of that, except that I find Massey worse than Smith, only because I think he has more talent -- and completely wastes it. Yes, Chandler is good looking, but if that's not enough for Brock, it's not enough for Chandler. CM and FS have been ruining scenes and episodes for a long time, and clearly no one said a word to them about it. Neither one of them respects the material -- and that means they don't respect the show.

There are so many good actors who don't work enough or work at all, and it's a frickin shame to see these two stink up the screen. They should have been fired much sooner.

• Members

YUM!!!!

ANYWAY...Now sure how I feel about today's. Not helped by news coverage taking up the first 30 minutes, still easier to follow right now than today's GH (which I just gave up for today, those flashbacks woof). But on the other hand, because this week has been strong for the most part, easy to follow here.

I am sad to not see anything more fallout from Sarah and the baby today with such a strong push. So seeing the police station is jarring. HOWEVER, there is still Steve/Kayla/Justin. So this is making me think of structure which was on my mind yesterday. I was thinking the Rachel reveal was A story. Steve/Kayla being B. And then C was stuff like Wilson. If I was unsure...today showed that B story for the week is Steve/Kayla/Justin and I am here. 

Nice to see Hope today since I missed all of Gina this time around. Nice seeing Britt lol. Liking her scenes. But police station was so C. So is Evan Jordan's baby daddy then? 

Edited by Taoboi
Trigger finger keyboard

• Members

Twitter always works funny for me on this board so I don't even click...which is fine because it was the picture that got the yum.

Love the actor waaaay too much. #GHliving

OOOOoooooo….nice ending. 

However...his last go-around...did he interact with Rafe at all?