Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Another crappy soap parody, this time with Jimmy Fallon and other celebs that was aired as a skit on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon." Posting it here because it's not worth reporting. Pure garbage that continues to make a mockery of soaps of old. Stale.

• Members

The lighting looks like a spotlight... I'm ok with it for now I guess; it's dramatic and moody.  With their nonexistent budget, this show has to do something visually different.  IMO, the show has visually improved since last fall.  I know it's not as efficient to power through filming, but the producers and directors really ought to diversify WHERE they film on the sets... and move the camera more!  Lol.  Some days and with some directors, the shooting style is tighter, which is so much better than the theater style with the actors in the center of the set shot from many feet away like we had for 12 years.

The writing for Xander has been great this week.  They are setting him up for a HARD fall.  It always kills me that he's not Justin's son?!?

And the drama with Steve was good today.  If they had to do this bat$h!t story, this is the kind of interaction we should have been getting the whole time.

Definitely.  Even though it was really dark, the Josh Griffith-era production was the best the show has looked since Ed Scott.  "Days" always looks 100x better at night.