Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

DAYS is already one big joke.  An April Fools' episode was just overkill.

And why, in God's name, is William Shatner discussing soap operas on his Twitter account?

Edited by Khan

• Members

IDK. I really don't care about the stand alone episodes. I find them funnier and better than the actual show

Please register in order to view this content

I mean, it's a joke like you said and the show itself is basically a parody of itself at this point ... I get the frustration but I just can't think deeply about these shows anymore when they can't bother themselves.

Shatner seems to be a soap fan

• Members

I’ve accepted Stacy as Kristen especially now that they’ve made Kristen sane, but I still can’t help myself wondering how Eileen would play this stuff especially with her history with the actors. Missed opportunity.

• Members

THIS.

While I have peeked in here and there when it comes to Kristen, I am scared to see her. I love SH, but I was so used to ED and her acting and her throughline (always wanting love and a baby), all of this new storyline...happy to hear and read she has been redeemed...and how long she has wanted a child, I can't help but feel about how ED would do it. And I would be reallllllly happy for her. 

• Members

I basically like what's happening with Kristen, save for the really clunky plot-driven anvils they're dropping about Rachel/Mickey... but it requires me to ignore, like, her entire on-screen history.  And when I do remember, I'm like, "what the actual f*ck?!?"  And I CANNOT with the Brady relationship and J&M warming to her.  This is getting Ben level.  Kristen could be doing all this with Lani and her family (with a little Jennifer sprinkled in) and it'd be much more effective and authentic for me.

And I miss ED for all the obvious reasons already mentioned, but I really love SH as Kristen when she's not bat$h!t... but the interpretations and writing are so different, so it's tough.

• Members

Ya, it feels like there is no respect for Joe Mascolo's legacy.  Everything since Hope "killed" him has been a hot mess.  The only thing I liked was that "tribute" for him at the pub in 2016, but ultimately that was about Hope.  Then there was that horrible Shane impersonation bull$h!t... omg lol.  And for everything going on with "la famiglia" right now, EJ and Peter's absences are hugely glaring.  Peter's absence has been such a problem through all of Kristen's returns and Chabby.

On another note, I don't think Nicole would EVER suggest keeping Brady's child from him.  I hated that beat on yesterday's show.  Victor doing it really has me at a loss, too... but I get that is really complicated.  I loved that moment with Xander offering his condolences to Brady today--really uncomfortably messy to watch.