Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They apparently had to cut a whole sequence of Chad/Tony scenes from Monday's episode because of time restriction - Ron posted a thread transcribing it:

How on earth can a show with such a limited budget seemingly shoot so many scenes that never make it onto air? At this point they might as well re-cut the current episodes - I'm sure they could put together a new episode per week of cut stuff alone.

• Members

Yes it seems bizarre and wasteful that stuff is taped and doesn't air. Doesn't seem to happen with other shows.

I guess because they are shooting so many episodes at a time - however surely there are set scripts for each episode detailing the scenes which merely have to be edited together,

I wish they would properly explain this...

• Members

I assume it's like what you said - they shoot so fast and many episodes at a time that these scenes end up being shot just in the whirlwind of it all. Still, they basically had to cut out five (!) scenes and the last scene ends with them burning the Stefano chip. It's not exactly inconsequential stuff they actually cut out there since it pretty much puts an end to the storyline.

• Members

The breakdown writer shouldn't have tried to squeeze a baby switch reveal, Steve getting his memory back, and the Chad/Tony scenes in one episode.  Such a shame they had to be cut...

On a related note, I always have Andre/Tony whiplash... when he's with Anna, I totally see Tony... but the flip flopping since 2007 (and the massive retcon) leaves me dizzy.

• Members

Damn, that's a lot of scenes. You would think somebody would know by now how many pages and how many scenes a script needs in order to film an episode with no cuts.

They really should just post all of the cut scenes from the episodes on the app.

• Members

I agree it's annoying to see soaps looked at that way, but honestly, I get it. I love this genre more than anything but I'm often embarrassed by the soaps. They could be SO much better and are often a parody of themselves ... but I'd like for this [!@#$%^&*] to stop. Even Kelly Ripa and Susan Lucci did a parody once upon a time on LIVE! so ...

I'm pretty ticked off those scenes were cut.

But they also wouldn't have "fit" in these episodes IMO (even with the Steve stuff). They have to do better.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

They'll be off-screen in a few months so it doesn't bother me, lol.

I think it's probably a given they adopt David and leave town together.

Wonder if Ron will make us sit through a Kayla/Steve/Hope/Justin ... thing. Of course he will, nevermind.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Will and Sonny were snoozeville today. Lord. BYE. Would have rather seen Will reunite with Marlena.

Of course Sarah takes off with the kid. BYE. 

Today wasn't nearly as good. Kristen just sitting there with Brady and talking doesn't work for me. She'd never be complacent. #PLOT 

At least she got off her ass at the end of the episode.

It's always nice to have Steve and Jack share scenes. And ohhhh Justin. Kayla wants Steve. Like others have said, even Stevie Wonder could see that.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think the last time they were onscreen together was in 2006? But that was very briefly. Obviously they have a whole load of material from their original stints on the show. I love them together and their scenes today were great.

I still enjoyed today's episode and I don't mind Will and Sonny in small doses. Though did anyone catch Chandler's weird grin in the background at the end of the episode? Everyone is shocked bc Sarah has fled the country and he's busy looking excited lol

Also don't buy PT as a woebegone romantic hero - the scene with him and Eric was too short. I hope we get to see a confrontation between him and Kristen (even though she has no room to talk) and that she's not completely distracted by the Sarah stuff