Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's all they do lol. I don't see how there can be any conflict between them, which is what soap opera is supposed to be, after this last year. All the cheerleading and destruction of other characters, if anything does end up coming between them, it just won't seem believable to me.

• Members

Definitely. I wish they had left him as a villain because he was actually a good one! This obsession with romanticizing villainous characters and giving them 'redemption arcs' that are contrived, unsatisfying and insubstantial is one of my ultimate pet peeves. Every thing Ben says sounds ridiculous and hypocritical because, y'know, he serial murdered a bunch of people. I need VK to leave and get some two-bit CW part so they can stop catering to that fanbase

• Members

I've been fast forwarding all the bedroom scenes. Makes the show so much nicer.

I haven't watched today yet but it's really refreshing seeing Nicole and Eric deal with something together. Amazing how they work well when the show doesn't have her lying to him every other day.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

I feel that way too, same with Abby and Chad. Although, honestly I'm not finding much about the show to enjoy these days. The only thing I do find remotely interesting is Gabi being a conniving bitch, but she gets no real rivalry or good story.

• Members

I hate that they're not showing Gabi now.  While she was fooling everyone, it felt like she was on so much that it became very redundant... but the fallout SHOULD be so interesting, and we're not getting it.  As a group, Lani/Eli/Gabi/Chad/Abby/Sonny/Will have so much history and potential, and this Gabi situation is the perfect vehicle to do cool plot AND character stuff.  (I hate that JJ is gone now.)  And it would make the show "young"... I love the vets, but the young characters are seldom shown and oddly kept pretty separate.  This doesn't include Ben/Ciara, they are the very worst part of the show and couldn't leave soon enough for me.

I would love a Ben murder mystery.  And even though I've grown to really appreciate her (mostly through this story honestly), a Gabi murder mystery could be really amazing and moving.  But I know it would get so butchered, and murders on soaps never have the long-term consequences they should.

• Members

I really hope we get most of the Steve/Kayla/Justin (with Jack and Jennifer and John and Marlena supporting) story out of the way before StefaNo returns, because I’m still tired of him, probably because doesn’t-learn-jack Gabi had the same story twice in a row thanks to his rapist ass. And I still need more time before Gabi takes center stage again if she still hasn’t learned that revenge (especially when you put innocent people in the crossfire) isn’t necessarily the answer.

I am, however, relieved to be able to make a reasonable assumption that the Steve story will be moving along and not wasting even more time on ground that has already been tread upon.

Also, I can’t wait for Xander to get his. I’ve been waiting for this since he got away with being fully gung ho on moving Sarah’s fetus into Kristen’s uterus.

Jeez, this show is ridiculous.

• Administrator

So it was looking like the baby reveal would happen at Sarah/Xander's wedding, but instead the revelation was so anticlimactic.  It would've been so much better if everyone found out when Nicole stops the wedding......then she reveals the DNA test.....then she brings out Dr Raynor......then Victor is busted too.......DAYS had a huge bullet with this baby switch and they totally misfired.