Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think the baby switch reveal has actually been really good.  Quiet, but really thorough.  We don't have a splashy interrupted wedding (that they couldn't afford), but a lot of the most important beats have played out in solid, character-based scenes that have really been allowed to breathe.  The Brady/Kristen front is lacking for me because their relationship is a farce and I remember HOW that baby was conceived, but hopefully Victor and Xander will remind everyone/us.  They did miss a huge opportunity by not having Haley's picture looming over Kristen on Fri. and Mon.'s episodes.  And at first I thought Sarah's wedding rant was awkward and stupid, but it really came together for me... does anyone think she may run off with the baby?

They should have more effectively used editing to connect Steve & Kayla's scenes with Justin at the wedding... the reunion, while nice (but also way too low-key), felt out of place.  And WTF was with that outer space border on the flashbacks?!?  LOL SMDH!

I'm still thinking the overall lack of impact issue primarily lies with production... the content isn't being packaged for maximum effect.  The show HAS to resolve this energy problem.

• Members

I've actually enjoyed the fallout of the switch so far. Definitely better than another repeat of the awful mess and non-event that was the reveal during the Gaby/Eli. The few people who would bother to show up to a Xander wedding at the Kiriakis mansion wouldn't have added much. I like the way everything is happening quickly but at the same time all the individual character interactions are getting their own moments. I like how solid Eric and Nicole's relationship has been through this and the Brady/Eric/Nicole scenes yesterday were good. 

The sympathetic Kristen angle is ridiculous though and also, what happened to Brady's son? Is he somewhere else now because Brady genuinely acts like he doesn't exist

Also glad for Jack/Steve scenes even though SN's reaction to Adrienne dying was very.... Not Good. 

• Members

What everyone else said!!!

Here in San Diego DAYS, GH, and Y&R come on at the same time. And other than seeing a brief scene between Amanda and Nate, I had nothing that interested me yesterday cuz Nick thinking with his thang for the redhead has been meh to me. On the other hand, GH kept me in and during commericals so did DAYS

Why? Like everyone said, it might have been a low key reveal, but it was a GREAT low key reveal. They were playing all the beats. And I kept going back and forth trying to see when Kristen would find out cuz...history and Kristen's throughline with kids. And I LOVED the scene with Nicole/Eric/Brady. I LOVED that Eric/Nicole are together again. I think I have said in the past that I am a big Ericole fan so seeing they are together and from recaps I read being mature over some of the drama and coming out stronger is a good look on them. 

I have always loved Steve and Kayla so seeing them did my heart good.

And watching Sarah sloooooooooowly realizing...or I think she was revealing what Xander did in terms of the baby. Suspenseful for me. 

And I am always for seeing John and Marlena though it is weird to see Marlena be nice to Kristen. 

Trying not to take a nap (haven't gone to sleep yet long story) cuz it comes on in an hour and I would like to see what happens.

• Members

I'm loving the reveal too. It's been very centralized and anchored by all of the main players of that certain storyline, which for some reason in this case, I actually prefer as opposed to a bunch of other characters and dayplayers just watching the reveal play out in stone silence. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I've said it before but this is exactly the sort of thing that DAYS should focus on - playing every beat and getting as much reaction out of characters as possible. Them not wasting money on trying to throw a wedding, that would still look embarrassingly  sparse and low-budget, is a good thing imho. Dare I say it's almost character-driven, as ridiculous as some of the characters backgrounds are (Kristen, I'm looking at you).

• Members

Still up so YAY!!!

Liking this episode, too. Happy I did not miss the part of the reveal I wanted to see.

And right now...LG is ON FIRE.

SN is adequate in the Adrienne reveal IMHO.

Agree. They should keep it like this and play the beats. I am definitely curious to see how and IF the fallout will get played. Since RC is hit or miss when it comes to playing fallout after reveals.

And re: Budget--There was a scene at Julie's Place earlier where the background noise is the sound of a busy place but the only other person there was a bartender/waiter and no guests. 

ETA: Ooooo at LG. That came from the gut. Darrn.

Edited by Taoboi