Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ditto on Kristen & Lani.  They were the hit of the TJ and it's SO disappointing that Lani is not part of the baby switch.  (It's SO disappointing that Kristen wasn't at the Eli/Gabi wedding and that there was little fallout/follow up with that "climax"... so glad to have that story pick back up today.)

I was inititally against the Orpheus/Evan connection because it felt like that left field RC history thing he did at OLTL (Alex's kids being Cutter and Kim and that Aubrey bs, for example) and GH (um EVERYthing he did there lol)... but now that KT is revealed as the daughter... this is, dare I say, really working for me so far.  They don't need to be temporary--this family could be the "new" blood we could really use.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m hoping it’s only temporary and they eventually revisit the family.

It actually would be nice to turn Orpheus’ family into the next pariahs in town. The DiMeras have sort of normalized now with Kristen being partially sane and Tony/Chad being normal. And the last we saw off Stefan he was no longer obsessed with mentally ill women, even though I’d be okay not bringing him back. Poor random character created out of the blue.

• Members

Stefan was DOA for me and Abby/Gabby really sealed the deal... and his blind loyalty to Vivian is ridiculous.  I can't get behind him and Gabi (because of the Abby elephant in the room... Ben/Ciara have the same Abby elephant in their room, too lol) even though BB & CB have great chemistry.  And GMAFB about how mischaracterized his & Gabi's "great love" is and the nature of his death (it wasn't an accident, he took a bullet for his mother who was on the run for 2x attempted murder).  It's nothing against Tyler Christopher and Brandon Barash, they did very well--it's the stupid character premise and the real misfires with the writing.  If they insist on keeping the DiMeras on the forefront, Peter is the obvious solution but Missy Reeves is allegedly holding that hostage.

Kate and her kids as the "other" family will always be my favorite... but I am ALL for giving this Orpheus family a real shot.

• Members

Basically, because they tape so far ahead there’s no time to see what works and what doesn’t. But I don’t understand why things change so quickly. I know BB was an emergency recast and they had no idea that Stefan and Gabi would suddenly take off, but I still don’t see a reason why Ron killed off Stefan so quickly.

Ditto on the Kristen/Lani friendship too. They need to be put back together.

• Members

I hate, hate, hate the "business" storylines on this show that basically amount to back and forth-ing over who gets to be CEO of their living room set every three months. It's nonsensical and boring to keep at it with the budget they have. This DiMera Empire stuff is so dull and Chad and Abby's conversation at the beginning of the episode (which I enjoyed bc it was natural conflict and characters being allowed to react to other stories) proves that people-level drama is much more satisfying on a show like this. 

So glad they're back to the baby switch story after almost 2 straight weeks of Steve/Kayla/Justin. Why either of them even want to be with her when she looks like she's perpetually in the worst mood ever is beyond me tbh. I don't mind this as a story a late middle-aged triangle shouldn't be an A story where everyone acts like they're in their 20s. I liked Hope/Steve yesterday a lot though. They've always had great chemistry

• Members

SUCH a good show today!  I esp. loved Chad & Abby arguing about Kristen.  Thank God someone finally mentioned Haley Chen in all this.

And even though I was really enjoying the scenes with Li Shin and Gabi and later Chabby, I was thinking the DE business story was sorta not "fitting" in an otherwise baby switch-centric ep.  BUT those scenes were the clue all along to where Sarah took Mickey/Rachel!  The daily structure of the episodes keep getting better and better.

Was I reading too much into Nicole's silence/shifty eye contact being a nod to when she pulled a "Sarah" with Sydney?  LOL 

• Members

Except for the Sarah in Paris scenes, this was a really good episode. 

The Kristen/Xander/Brady/Victor scenes were on point. Everybody was really good. And though she can never replace Eileen Davidson, Stacy Haiduk has really grown on me in the role of Kristen. 

Anybody else LOL when Gabi said, "I don't deserve this?"

• Members

Yep.

Has to be Corday, right?

Or Albert Alarr, he's a problem for sure, but how much 'power' does he ultimately have? I feel like he's constantly in Corday's ear, but that's just my assumption, not fact. 

Alarr stans Maggie, didn't like Wilson, so clearly Ron tied them together, likely to appeal to Alarr. It's so [!@#$%^&*] bizarre how this show works BTS. I think it's also why every single person cares more about Sarah's feelings than anything else. It's just bizarre.

Edited by KMan101