Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

It's really dumb since both are ready to step into the patriarch/matriarch of the DiMera family. Yes, I realise that Kristen and Tony got married at one point, but if she can end up having a child with her step-child Brady then I don't see why Tony / Anna couldn't step into a more paternal roles for her, Chad and I assume Stefan.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed! This is what I want so badly to happen. DAYS used to be so good at that kind of thing but that's been lost over the last decade. I'm guessing part of it is budget but at the same time ... ugh. I want them around and they fit in perfectly and work so well. 

• Members

Same here.

They should step into that patriarch/matriarch role, but I guess the show is focused on saving that role for Doug and Julie and, when they're not being kidnapped or held hostage, John and Marlena. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Certainly, especially with the tendency for writers to bring Kristen off the rails - they could act like a balancing act for her and the other DiMera's to not go too over the top. That's why the friendship with Lani worked for Kristen either way, but I could also see such a thing working for the rest of the DiMera's. It's a shame Corday hates Thao for whatever reason.

• Members

Ciara referring to Victor as "grandpa" is so annoying. My recent viewing is sporadic at best and maybe they have the kind of relationship that justifies Sonny calling her about the stabbing over Justin (and Brady too but at least he mentioned that he had tried calling earlier.) Also her going "what will this family do without you?" What family? The Kirakises? Bo and Shawn D never conceived themselves as being "Kiriakis" so it's so weird to me that she does

• Members

I can't believe that Kristen/Victor scene.  Like holy smokes!!  Does this mean what I think it means?  I googled John Aniston and couldn't find out for sure. 

I'm just trying not to post any spoilers here.   In other news, I saw Kyle Lowder in a Dr Pepper commercial.  That hair!! LOL

• Members

Ben/Ciara: "Why won't anyone hire us?"

Khan: "Because, not everyone in Salem has been brainwashed?"

I must admit it took me aback to hear her also refer to Julie as "my grandma."  Yup, she's your grandma, Ciara.  She's also your aunt.  #LikeSandsThrutheHourglass

• Members

Post-baby switch, THIS is THE story that could keep the show firing on all cylinders without resorting to another short-term Sami story.  But it's not gonna happen with BB back and I've come to really like Gabi as a fixture on the show... it just took me nearly 10 years lol.

I'm not here for Abby going nuts again.  But it looks like they want Billy Flynn with or without Kate Mansi, sooo... if they really are doing this, I hope it'll reinforce the real, serious harm Ben, Gabi, and Stefan caused her (and others).  I have a gut feeling this will be a let down, though.

Re.: Victor.  This makes me uncomfortable to watch in a way it didn't with Julie (after her Gabi fall and heart attack) because, clearly, John Aniston isn't in nearly as good shape as SSH... and after so recently losing Joe Mascolo, Frank Parker, Peggy McCay, John Clarke, and Bill Horton on-screen... this is too much for me.

And they missed a huge beat in Kristen and Victor's confrontation by not bringing up the Brady & Kristen wedding (one of the few truly iconic moments of the 2010's)... if Vic got what he deserved, then Kristen is also getting what she deserves.

And get Ciara OUT of these scenes.  This is some more nonsense to make her happen.  And the only reason she was ever involved with the Ks was to provide Ben conflict.  And keep Ciara, Shawn, and Claire away from the Ks--the whole point is that they're Bradys and Victor has to live with the pain of Shawn Sr., for want of a better term, "having" Bo (and Caroline).

But after all this complaining, I've gotta say this week (esp. Wed.-Fri.) has been on point af.