Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Wow.

Well, I feel guilty then. Because I liked Monday's episode mostly. And part of that was the fact that rather than do what the writers usually do and have Brady turn against Kristen, they had him understanding where she was coming from (again Kristen's throughline being children) and trying to cover it up. It was nice to see them deal with drama TOGETHER for a change. It made sense. Just like it would make sense to me when (if) Kristen confesses.

I like the start of Jake so far. Of course, it could be that BB is playing it enough close to the vest that this could easily be Stefan as well playing a game (that scene in front of Gabi Chic). After all, before Stefan came to Salem, wasn't he a made man. Made from what? Enough mystery for wiggle room.

I don't like how they are writing Abby/Chad. When I was like a regular viewer, they had written her out by having her go crazy. It was nicely built. And Friday was nicely built. Yesterday, it felt sooooooo rushed. And Mr. Flynn felt like he was annoyed. 

I liked Gabi having a talk to.

That was pretty much it.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay, I thought it was a good episode. I especially liked that I did not expect anyone to randomly pop up in the middle of the episode...which is exactly what happened with Steve, John, and Marlena. oKay and Rafe.

I also liked that while they did not do the Brady/Kristen thread today, that they gave it a mention at least which I liked.

And yay!!! I figured once Kayla said that Abby was not relapsing that she was POISONED. So much more interested.

Loved that John and Marlena were in two different plots and met up in time to run into Orpheus.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Oh, yes, I know all that. But I do like to give credit where credit is due.  I liked the week before last and this week appears to be so far so good. Other than the start of Abby plot, it hasn't been too jarring for me even when they rotate plots out. So far. lol.

But of course I do have experience with how RC writes a soap so...we will see how it goes. 

• Members

The thing with Brady & Kristen is... ugh, just ugh.  Can't get behind them as viable couple, and not just because of TomSell or J&M, but because of what RC wrote just SIX months ago!  I know in Salem time, it's been 18 months, but for the viewer, this is a BIG ask.  Brady protecting Kristen is fine for all the reasons the dialogue is listing, but what doesn't track was her confrontation with Victor.  If he really "taunted" her about Eric, the wedding, Theresa, MaskNicole, and her history as a raging lunatic, I could accept her "snapping" and stabbing him... but the fight was tame and for Kristen, she pretty calmly and lucidly stabbed him.  This is a big miss in an otherwise fire story.

But the show has mostly been so good lately.  The only thing I have zero interest in now is Justin/Kayla/Steve/Hope and, honestly, any form of J&M's involvement in it.  I get it's a thread that should be included, but I so want to move on from this whole mess.  I prefer J&M in the Orpheus orbit, which is such a surprisingly hit development for me.  I'm even interested in Rafe because of it.  I will say, though, even though I don't like the triangle--I appreciate the issue of Kayla's autonomy re. Steve... this was brought up in 2015/16, but I like that they are revisiting it... I just want it to go somewhere and not be a blip story beat.

Now with the two new stories this week: Jake and Abby.  I'm definitely paying attention to the Brandon Barash story and I'll sit through Ben because seeing this through his eyes IS a smart narrative move... I wouldn't rush this, which happens too often now.  I can't wait to see Kate Mansi & BB work together.  Now Abby... thank God Ben has finally been brought up, and F Ciara.  I HATE her.  Glad Abby is being drugged and not relapsing, but again, they could have stretched out that reveal... hope this leads to something juicy.  Even if it's obvious and it's Gabi, it's still juicy stuff... but it doesn't have to be a character who's on canvas right now.

• Members

True.

The show has gotten better in the past few weeks. It’s sort of has gone back to normal, or as normal as DAYS can be lol. I think Ron just needed his to get his OTT rocks off or something and now that we’re hopefully passed that, I’m looking forward to what’s to come