Days: April 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

OMG, I totally forgot about that.  Yeah, it's one thing when you have to kill off a longtime character because the actor has passed away IRL.  But, even when the actor has died, watching their character die or be wounded onscreen in such grisly ways isn't the least bit entertaining to me.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think we’re in the minority, but I agree with you. Both Kristen and Victor are pretty awful people. Victor has done so many horrendous things I’ve lost count. I like John Aniston, but Victor should have been stabbed long ago.

Kristen is a psycho bitch who pretended to be sane for a couple months. I can’t root for her, either, and to be honest, I miss Eileen Davidson too much in the role to care what happens to Kristen.

i have to add that Stacy Haiduk makes me CRAZY with that thing she does with her voice, going low and getting guttural. She does it all the time, and I hate it. It’s not acting.

• Members

I have to admit I, too, am struggling with who to "root for," for lack of a better word.  Neither Kristen's nor Victor's actions in this storyline in particular are entirely defensible.

But, I'm still uncomfortable with the sight of an eighty-year-old man being gutted like a fish by a knife-wielding, revenge-seeking baby mama.  I mean, I know John Aniston isn't REALLY being stabbed.  Nevertheless, it isn't something that I would have done to a senior citizen on this (or any) show if I had been in Ron Carlivati's position.

• Members

lol nope. I just don't spend my energy picking things apart as much as I used to.

I'm kind of surprised so many are having an issue with this. It's a soap  for me neither has to be rootable. But I do respect your opinion on it. 

They've both done horrible [!@#$%^&*] and they're both 'paying' for it in different ways.

• Members

Don't get me wrong, Victor deserves some sort of payback for his role in the baby switch.  Given his (and Aniston's) advanced years, however, it's just particularly nasty (to me) to see him stabbed, or shot, or poisoned, or anything so violent.

• Members

Especially considering Barash was born in 1979. I get that age of an actor and character doesn't necessarily correlate, but it seems unnecessary to age the character into his mid-40s.

With that said, I'm sure they'll forget about his birth year about a week into him airing.

• Members

Honestly, after rewinding to confirm, I wondered if the props dept. may have really screwed up and it was supposed to be 1984 and no one caught it.  Lol.  Who knows with this show.

As a soap fan (esp. a "Days" fan), I totally accept how insane time works and constantly tweaking people's ages... but because RC "loves history so much," specific dates and decades are being mentioned in the dialogue frequently, esp. for the supercouples.  You can't do that and have time be so dynamic.  It's particularly evident with J&M's many children...  Just stay away from dates lol

• Members

Perhaps, but Tyler Christopher was born in 1972, so I think at least originally Stefan was supposed to be in his mid-to-late 40s, but after Gabi/Stefan took off I'm surprised they didn't change that. With that said, DAYS just needs to stay away from dates as you said. Ideally I would've had the DiMera's have a mausoleum, but the budget probably wouldn't allow them to build such a specific set for what'll end up being a few scenes.

Still, I have hard time thinking the DiMera's would have such simple grave markers.

• Members

They have that set, and it's pretty good by current standards.  I know this sounds really creepy, but I love a mausoleum set on soaps lol.  Anyway, it got heavy play a couple years ago--after Andre was laid to rest there (I wanted to type "buried" lol), they played ISA scenes with John and Billie there, and Will & Paul were tied up there or something.

But last year, I think Gabi mentioned not wanting him there.  I'm assuming it was the budget?  If the show weren't at "Rachel's" grave so much recently, I doubt Gabi would have even got this scene.