Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A regular episode of Y&R has been getting a 2.9. The classic episode last week featuring the masquerade ball had a 2.2 Nielsen rating. Again, the 2.2 is a higher number than a new GH or Days episode aired.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I just wonder what B&B is going to do. You can tell Y&R is viewing this as a long term thing and will truly be utilizing their library. At some point B&B will have to go prior to 2013 it would seem. They’re gonna end up left in the dust!

• Members

LMAO. Their relationship was so weird. She moves in, and then at some point there's that scene where Katherine is asking her if she knows how to please a man (seen in MTS 40th anniversary episode) and suggests she try to get him when he's asleep... I wonder if this is what prompts the spanking? Then there was an episode where she's on the ranch pregnant and Victor makes a comment about her weight. Victor stands by while Kevin is courting her, and Victor seems to support it, but he and Nikki must have had sex by this point yet he doesn't seem worried he may be the father (does he still think that his vasectomy worked? I thought he discovered that earlier). Then Victoria is born, I guess Nikki and Victor get together, but she ends up with Ric Daros (how?), Victor gets harpooned in the balls, Nikki gets him revved back up, lol. They get married in 1984, then we don't have that many episodes, but suddenly he's with Ashley and she's with Jack. By 1986, Victor encourages Nikki to get with his brother Matt, but is also really jealous every time he sees them together, but at least it's better than her being with Jack. I wish we could see all the missing parts in this story. Victor cuckolding himself willingly is freaking strange.

I read that Fridays have lower ratings and all the classics have been on Friday so far. Do you happen to know how the 2.2 rating compares to a Friday episode? Is 2.9 the average for the week?

They're going to air the top 50 episodes in Australia, presumably they won't be all Liam and Steffy episodes like they are here!

Regarding the ratings: anyone who uses household ratings is WAY behind the times. Household ratings mean nothing and they haven’t meant anything for years!!! Get with it, folks. This is 2020. Household ratings went out back in the 80’s. 
That said, kudos to CBS for showing classic Y&R. They are not afraid to show how much better the show was back in the 90’s and even the 80’s. Thanks CBS. 

• Members

Preach it! Paul/Lauren were also favorites so I was shocked that I totally dug the Paul/Cassandra. Pricket never did it for me.

And, gosh, if Mary Williams was such a great character - with her sanctimonious attitude - but the one thing I liked is that they never moved her uptown. It was refreshing to have that contrast from all the rich folks. Wasn't Mary a big fan of Isabella because she also spent a lot of time in church? I don't really remember much from that era. 

• Members

Yeah she got duped by Isabella.  Mary wanted a church going woman and kept pimping her to Paul. I think Mary worked because of the actress and how many sons didn't have a mother like Mary Williams ?..lol

But seriously I don't know what WJB was thinking with Chris and Paul ...yuck!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Yes that is Paul Tulley playing crazy Edward. He also appeared in episode # 2  of Dallas " The Lesson" in 1978. He played Lucy's teacher who she falsely accuses of trying to rape her when Pam forces her to attend school. Pamela confronts her about the lie and Lucy agrees to clear his name if Pam gets off her back. A classmate Roger (Jeffrey Byron) knows the truth and blackmails Lucy into going with him to the disco and implies she has to put out for him.