Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

CBS Daytime on the whole was so awesome in the late 1980s/early 1990s. There was the game show block and all four daytime dramas were amazing to watch.

OMG, I can't believe we get to see an early 1980s episode!

An all Victor week should include EB's first episode, Victor sees Nikki at the Bayou, EB's first scenes w/ TL and ED.

I never thought much of Mark Derwin's acting on Y&R and then a few months after his role on Y&R ends he shows up on Guiding Light as a detective. Talk about contrasts in characters LOL. It was surprising to me how he became so popular on GL, with winning a 1993 Soap Opera Digest Award for Hottest Male Star (he beat Antonio Sabato Jr. for that award) and being nominated for Lead Actor at the 1993 Daytime Emmys.

• Members

What I'm dying to see is the episode where Crazy Edward blows himself up. We know that episode has been digitally transferred, since clips form it were used in Melody's anniversary episode. It's so creepy and gothic, and they cut the clip right before Nikki grabs the urn and throws mommy's ashes all over him, sending him into a psychotic freak out. The clip from the episode in question is at :28.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Ooouuu that 1981 episode will be great to see regardless of what/who all is in it, but my fingers are crossed for Vanessa! Classic Liz Foster would be a nice sight, too.

Kudos to whomever decided to pull this one out. I’ll be they had to do some fighting to get it on the air.

• Members

I'm hoping if these classic episodes get decent ratings, Sony might see the value in getting the back catalogue out there in some way. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but this is a pretty rare opportunity for them to see if there is interest in these older episodes.

• Members

I wonder if we'll see the episode where Victor spanks Nikki to show her who's boss.

This was when Victor moved her onto the ranch on a strictly platonic basis, Nikki was doing her sex kitteen act to break his defences  so he decided a little ass  paddling was in order!

Maybe that tape has been destroyed !!

Edited by Paul Raven