Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At the time of the Mamie recast, Marguerite Ray was 59 and Veronica Redd was 41. Veronica Redd is about a decade older than both Tonya Lee Williams and Victoria Rowell, and 20 years younger than Norma Donaldson, who arrived later that year as Mamie's sister/Olivia and Dru's mother Lillie Belle.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I remember Marguerite Ray appeared in the Y&R E! True Hollywood Story segment about BD so I think she was in the list of those that had beef w/ BD.

Someone needs to compile a "who's had beef with whom" chart for Y&R 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I was so surprised to recently realize that we didn't see the last of Veronica's Mamie when she left town in '95 after her romance with John. She came back '99-'01 (or longer?) to serve as the Abbott housekeeper again. I guess she and John were able to suppress their burning desire for each other

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I thought I read Jerry Douglas didn't get along with someone besides Brenda but I don't know if that's true or not. 

Geez what a mess. I'm at the point where I end up assuming everyone at the show hated each other. 

• Members

She was back till 2004 I think but had nothing major really. Just a talk too for her family and In 99-01 for the teen set. 

Someone once told me they worked as an extra on Y&R a while back and one time redd refused to get out of her dressing room after being called to set.

ii wonder if this explains why some of Mamies  scenes seem to be edited out on the repeats so far? Apparently she was also asked to appear for Neil/Kristoffs memorial last year and turned them down.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Peter Bergman was so handsome, his eyes are almost an unnatural blue. I totally get why there's such a divide between fans of his version and Terry Lester's (PB is definitely more matinee idol while TL's is more wily playboy). But I saw a LOT of Bergman's interpretation while watching the aftermath of John finding out about Jack and Jill's affair. That little boy who just wants his dad to forgive him is absolutely how PB's version would have reacted, he wears his heart on his sleeve 100% of the time compared to Lester's 60% of the time.