Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always rooted for Jack, mostly because I think Eric Braeden is a bad actor (I've come to accept that the Newmans are largely mediocre acting wise) and there was Peter Bergman constantly giving 110%.

• Members

I agree! I thought the same thing. I think BB as a writer would always make sure that his characters had a 'scar', a 'character flaw' that would determine their actions for future storylines. Jack's scar was definitely trying to make up to his father for hurting him and PB has always played that angle of the character to perfection. The rest errr I'm not very fond of.

• Members

EB impresses me enough to know that he’s capable of more (he’s great whenever Victor has a medical issue), but Victor has become so limited as a character in the past 20 years. I remember how captivating he was during the Hope/Kansas story.

• Members

thank you SoapSud for posting the 96 episode. I didnt get to see the entire thing because of stupid mayor of Philadlephia and NJ Gov Murphy cutting it off.

Honestly, though, Phyllis was beyond immature in that episode. How can a grown woman be that immature? That is like a prank that a 12 y/o would pull! But the rest of the episode was great. Nina how do you have a husband as hot and sweet as Ryan and NOT jump his bones as soon as you come home from a trip? I know he is cheating on you with Victoria but you dont know that! I would have been all over him as soon as I walked in the door.

• Members

Can I also just say what an absolute treasure Barbara Crampton is in all these old episodes? I’ve been watching a few of the 1988-9 Ruthless storyline episodes, and the range of acting that she pulls off is just phenomenal. She also has incredible chemistry with Eric Braeden. I wish they had kept her on a bit longer throughout both her runs on Y&R.