Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would die if they did a gothic/horror week. I am more of a OLTL fan but Y&R exceeds at that film noir atmosphere and I am dying to see the Suzanne Lynch/Nikki and Paul in the cult, the dungeon, more of Eve/Julia/Nikki with Victor's first "death", the Norman Bates story and the Veronica story. 

Super excited for the 1981 episode and really really hope it has good Vanessa/Lorie scenes. I know there are edits on YouTube...but nothing in good qaulity available right?

In fact they could probably do a Victor's Many Deaths week. Didn't he "die" in 1983, 1993, 1999 and somewhere in the 2000s and 2010s? 

Edited by soapfave06

• Members

I agree! I watch these old episodes and I'm immediately invested in the storyline again, only for it to fade away once the rerun is over! They should roll up their editing sleeves and pack some weeks devoted exclusively to a storyline.

• Members

I actually searched up the storylines after watching the episodes and I was so intrigued reading the summaries that I wished they were able to show more of it. IMO, since they do plan on being off the air for some time - it would be logical that they played out storylines instead of one off epsiodes, but either way I've enjoyed watching. 

• Members

Too bad Nina Arvesen never had another truly significant role (I know she was in SB after this, but that role didn’t seem to amount to much). She was so perfect for Cassandra - perfect match between an actress and character. Very alluring.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

As YRFan23 said it started more in summer 1980. Though from reading synopsis, it seems to have been a bit of a non starter. When Brett Halsey was fired in Mar 1981, Jon-Michael Reed suggested it was because he was such a dud in the role and best I can tell the story was given very little airtime until the resolution at the beginning of 1981. After John caught Jill and Jack in bed he left town and the remainder of 1981 was Jill and Jack, then towards the end of the year Jill and Andy. So depending on who is in this episode, we might get Terry Lester, we might actually see Deborah's Jill with Andy as well.