Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Mass demonstrations against coronavirus measures have now also started in many German cities – despite the country gradually re-opening.
Conspiracy theorists obviously enjoy a large clientele these days 

Please register in order to view this content

People are chanting "We are the masses" and "Wake up, wake up".

Edited by Huntress

• Members

Those Germany photos surprise me as generally I think of them of having a populace much less prone to mob mentality (in recent years). I guess money wins out, and eventually lockdowns lead to breakdowns...and I imagine as in the US, it's mainly white conservative voices speaking up.

• Members

My impression is that I am aglad I moved out of Akransas. And my sister does not work there.

Please register in order to view this content

High ranking as in that person who should stay off Twitter taking about getting payback on another high ranking that came before him?

Things to make you go hmmm

• Members

I've never believed that #naturalcauses2020 would save us, but you can't help hoping.  It would be such sweet poetic justice.

There is some evidence that vitamin D deficiency can make your body more vulnerable to Covid. If you are overweight and/or have darker skin maybe talk to your doctor and see if you are deficient.  I found about a year ago that I had a severe deficiency and have been taking a 5000 IU supplement ever since. https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-05-08/healthy-vitamin-d-levels-could-be-linked-to-covid-19-survival

• Members

No, there are also a lot of young and esoteric people involved in these rallies. In my city, it's mostly younger immigrants who don't care about wearing face masks on public transport or inside stores, and they get angry when being called to order. People are just not used to being forced to do something, so they are naturally against it, even if it's for a good cause. They only see "Me, me, me".

The new rule here is that as soon as an administrative district has more than 50 new infections per 100.000 citizens in a week, this district must go into a strict lockdown again. Right now there are 4 of such hotspots in 3 different states. In total, there are 294 districts and 107 independent cities.