Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thank you! I will say that’s what great about her area: people look out for each other. But isolating there can be a struggle. I think folks are scared, though, because people they know are being infected and hospitalized. It’s no longer some crazy thing that’s happening in NYC. My mom was so afraid for me up here, and now the tables have turned.

Much of it is tied to chicken processing plants, which employ a LOT of people in my mom’s county:

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interesting insights from an Asian American journalist whose reporting took her on a journey through four countries.  She talks about the country with the most thorough protocols (Taiwan) as well as the countries that had uneven or lax protocols for dealing with COVID-19.

Three Months, Two Continents and Four Stints in Quarantine: How Different Govt's Handled the Pandemic

• Members

Ugh. Total trash. 

It is so aggravating to see Gov. Tony Evers' stay-at-home order to be reversed by the Republicans. As a new Wisconsinite living in the state's capitol (Madison), I can tell you most folks around here have been taking this seriously for the last two months. Just this morning I had to make a Wal-Mart run, and nearly every customer I saw is still wearing a mask. Overall, our COVID-19 numbers have always remained low and with good reason. 

I certainly won't be going to a bar anytime soon! Our gym is about to open back up too, but we're like, nah... as much as I love the gym, it's a cesspool for germs, no matter how many times they spray stuff with a contaminated cloth over the equipment. 

@Faulkner Well wishes for your family

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Smh. They really should stop trying to fudge numbers and tell it like it is since it is literally a matter of life and death. Grow up!

I want my bar back more than anyone...not to mention even the possibility of getting laid, but...this is reckless...and sadly, what I figured would happen when I hear about the Wisconsin order. And now people are going to try to aim it at the Supreme Supreme Court. Life and death...weighs heavy on the crown.

OH!?! She was here in San Diego! Let me read what she found out here while I work out...especially since it is looking like we might open up again soon. Thank you.

• Members

Same.

I was very glad to see in that article that we San Diegan did not do so bad. I remember hearing about that plane landing at the base...which was close enough to where I worked that I worried every time plane refugees came in for food. I was still considerate, but I thought it was odd at the time, not knowing like the journalist how this was all going to blow up two months later.