Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In more depressing COVID news, crew on the USS Theodore Roosevelt, who had previously had the virus and were thought to be in the clear, have begun to test positive AGAIN after exhibiting symptoms:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/16/uss-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-test-positive-coronavirus-261873

Face it: Until we get new leadership that respects science, and/or a WORKING vaccine, we will NEVER get out of this. Americans now are far too selfish to do as they are asked.

• Members

I took my first walk beyond my curb in two months through abandoned Beverly Hills over the weekend (masked, of course). Ain't touched [!@#$%^&*]! It was surreal. People are still mostly doing it right here. Other places, it varies wildly. My industry remains dead, but I'm most worried about friends struggling with their states or jobs' poor decisions elsewhere.

Meanwhile:

• Members

Believe me, @DramatistDreamer, I know how you feel.  I don't know which is worse: the fact that she displayed the sign, or the fact that she doesn't apologize so much as she passes the blame.  ("It wasn't my sign!  Someone handed it to me!"  Yet, there she was, arguing that she was a "free human being," who wouldn't be controlled by anyone.  Isn't it ironic?  Don't you think?)

It literally makes my blood boil to witness such jackholes equate minor inconveniences with three centuries of slavery and segregation.  You think being asked to wear masks and gloves is a slippery slope toward being controlled entirely by the government?  Take it from someone whose ancestors were runaway slaves; you ain't seen nuttin' yet!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I love how the Internet has taken to calling that Costco "customer" "Kevin."

But seriously.  As y'all know, I live in "the great state of Oklahoma."  For years, there was a movement of sorts to get our state government to reverse a rule that prohibited drivers from operating any motor vehicle while shirtless.  I don't know whether they were successful in getting the law struck down, but it doesn't surprise me now to see people refuse to wear masks (even though private businesses are well within their rights to ask patrons to do so).  It frustrates and angers me, but it doesn't surprise me.