Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There’s been a cluster tied to gay nightclubs in Seoul, but people don’t want to come forward to be tested due to homophobia in South Korea’s conservative society:

”After Kookmin Ilbo, a local media outlet with links to an evangelical church, reported that businesses visited by an infected man over the long weekend were gay clubs, many other South Korean media followed suit, revealing not only the identity of clientele but also some of their ages and the names of their workplaces.”

• Members

Unfortunately, his warnings continue to fall on deaf ears around these parts (Oklahoma), as the deeply far-right, conservative types have convinced everyone else (well, ALMOST everyone else) that it is our God-given right to go out in public (WITHOUT masks and gloves) and either infect ourselves or others with a virus that, at the very least, will have lingering effects on one's respiratory system.

But, on the plus side, I now have a good reason to draw a monthly disability check, as I am literally too damn afraid to leave my house even for groceries and medicine.