Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

(speaking of this, I have a feeling the White House and their usual enablers at the NYT put out exaggerated daily death totals [2-3K a day]) so that when it's bad, but not that bad, the media will say "well it could have been worse," and many will nod along)

• Members
  • Members

I haven't eaten beef or pork in over 20 years and I try to eat more fish than chicken or turkey. When I first heard about possible infections (it had yet to be confirmed), I vowed not to buy anymore chicken or ground turkey.  I've been stocking up on beans, rice, etc. because it's going to be homemade veggie burgers this spring/summer. May as well put that food processor to use.

• Members

That's great. I bet you are healthier for it.  I don't eat pork either.  I doubt I could get my husband to give up beef forever, but he's onboard with eating much less meat due to these workers being all but forced to risk themselves.  Eating more beans, nuts and fish for a few months will be a good change. I have nothing but time to work on new recipes these days anyway. I've even started a few tiny gardening projects.

• Members

Things are getting crazier by the day.  Clerks getting shot or assaulted for asking people to wear masks. Then this idiot wearing a Klan hood. I wish someone had beaten his sorry ass. #sorrynotsorry.  At the same time I do feel sorry for the store employees. They did try to stop him, but having to confront people like this seems above the pay grade of retail workers. $12 bucks an hour and risking covid19 to deal with these violent freaks.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/us/man-wore-kkk-hood-grocery-trnd/index.html

• Members

Gardening sounds great. Last year, I had a modest crop of kale, peppers and tiny tomatoes (lol) but it won't be happening this year as the weather was not cooperating.  Also, the circle of friends who usually bring freshly grown greens and other items won't be coming around for obvious reasons. What's weird is that there seems to be more leafy greens than ever at the supermarket.  I think many shoppers may be going more for the dried goods and non-perishable items.

Interesting quote from an article that I am reading about the "New Hot Spots" that are emerging in the U.S.  Even though this was expected, it is still interesting to see how this is unfolding.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/with-new-hot-spots-emerging-no-sign-of-a-respite/ar-BB13C541

Please register in order to view this content

Another quote.