Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

That, I've yet to hear from anyone. I hear a world of complaints on the unemployment disbursement, the stimulus payments as well as PPP. Having a second round pretty much proves that the first time was ineffective. The Treasury has admitted that much of the payments didn't reach small business owners but are blaming the franchises and companies that took the payments as well as the banks that facilitated the applications. That's the sense that I get.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Almost everyone....?!  

Please register in order to view this content

There are actually some who believe that you can treat it with bleach or something similar?!! Is it really possible to be that stupid? (Unless you're Donald Trump of course. I have no illusions about him anymore)

• Members

The governor of Maryland said the state had a number of calls from people asking if they could cure COVID with bleach and disinfectant. New York also had calls. Georgia had two cases of men drinking cleaning stuff for this reason. Many people are stupid and scared.

• Members

Yikes.  For awhile I was impressed with how NE was handling the virus. There wasn't an actual lock down, but our schools were closed before NYC's and we had very few cases at the time. So while we weren't technically sheltering in place almost nothing was open, including libraries, parks, playgrounds. I couldn't believe it because Ricketts is a complete Trumpian jackass. I cannot stand him, but I had to give him some credit.

Then all of a sudden when we are at our peak outbreak and have the highest transmission rate in the country he decides to open restaurants, salons and retail back up. It started a couple of weeks ago when one of his rich contributors decided he wanted to open his outdoor mall back up. That didn't work out because the national chains did not want to be associated with this mess. Part of me can't believe the stupidity, but then again, it's all about the money for these people. It's clear to me that he is bowing to the pressure from the business community and it is just gross to watch.