Y&R March 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I am liking the show, JG seems to be unburdened since Anjelica got fired.

Interesting how YR & BB are always deemed boring, repetitive, and unwatchable, yet the latter can go months without a new discussion thread by the same supposed non watchers, just sayin!

No shade against the of of this thread!

• Members

Great that you are enjoying and interested to know what you are liking and disliking.

I'm enjoying individual scenes but the overall stories and character focus is not working for me.

Really disliking the Billy story and JT's performance.

Apart from Nate. none of the newer characters appeal and Nate is thrown scraps.

• Members

I am catching up, and I have to admit it's been better. Still don't like Chance or Adam and the actor's delivery of his lines. 

Chloe/Kevin should have never been brought back.

The characters (minus Phyllis) seem to be more mature. I like Jill and Jack being the voice of reason and acknowledging their past mistakes (well Jack).

Mariah/Tessa story is pretty good. I enjoyed the confrontation, it felt realistic. I also like how Mariah being bisexual is not a storyline in itself and she's written as a full character.

The Sharon stuff is a bit uneven, but there has been some powerful moments.

Victor's anniversary was well done. Love him or hate him, this man is/was the face of Y&R for many decades and despite a lot of hate that Eric Braeden gets; I feel like he gets the show most (minus Victor always winning). 

• Members

Does Eileen just not want to be full time? I feel like every time I check in on the show Ashley's in the episode anyway. 

I still hate that they gave Dina Alzheimers instead of blaming what was happening to her on Graham. Marla Adams can still perform at a high level, killing Dina off is a waste.

What is the point of Kevin and Chloe?

Kyle/Lola/Summer/Theo is an awful quad. And it's crazy, when I was last watching regularly Lola and Kyle was one of the reasons I gave up on the show and now suddenly they aren't each others one true loves? Kyle could barely stomach Summer.

Can they please recast Chance again. How did this guy get cast in the first place?

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

No picture?

Please register in order to view this content

Good information to know. I started to watch again and still haven't gotten to EB's episodes yet. Did you enjoy them?

I don't seem to recall labelling myself a regular viewer of B&B, but if you are so paying attention to the B&B thread you should have read how that is a running joke among us re: discussion thread every other month. Just because it has casual viewers does not mean there are not regular viewers and why shouldn't they have a discussion thread for that month like everyone else. Even the Y&R, GH, and DAYS (once upon a time) had light discussion thread months. Still...no reason for your reach that I can find...oh, except for my status as a fan of Sharon and your stanning for someone that GT played better. Nice try, though.

JS

• Members

He is horrible.  They love him so  - Y&R has absolutely no idea how bad the situation is.  They have no idea.  It’s Trump running a Soap.     They could be the first next soap off the air.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

I just started watching Y&R 3 months ago after not watching for around 15 years. The first two months I thought were pretty boring. I was about to stop watching. But the last month has gotten a lot better! I like Summer but I cant stand Kyle so glad that Lola is no longer with him. I like Theo better though I hate Theo's hair so that gets on my nerves. Please cut your hair, Theo! lol. I am LOVING Nick and Phyllis! The first scene I saw them together chatting as friends when I started watching again I said to myself "I feel big chemistry there, they should get back together" mind you, I dont really even know Nick and Phyllis ever together before. I think many years ago when I watched I remember Nick had an affair with Phyllis when he was still married to Sharon I think? (I think this was when she got pregnant with Summer) but I vaguely even remember that. From the convo in ep 127 it sounds like they have broken up and gotten back together a few times? Like I said I barely know their history but I am SOOOOOO happy they finally hooked up in ep 127! Been hoping for it! I think they make a great couple!

I do have some questions if anyone wants to oblige me: Who is Christian's mother? Were Nick and Phyllis together a lot throughout the years? What happened with her and Jack? And who is Kyle's mother? (I dont remember Kyle at all from years ago when he was a kid) who is Vicky's son Reed's father? (I dont recall Reed either from years ago). Anyway, so Nick and Phyllis and Theo and Lola are the two couples right now who are keeping me watching.

Oh I have another question: I know that Devon is Catherine's grandson and was in some way related to Neil? Who are his parents? Also Chance is Jill's grandson? Who are his parents? (I dont remember who Jill's kids are besides Billy). Is Theo Tracey's son since he is Jack's nephew?

• Members

Amanda and Nate are so pretty together (Nate is gorgeous) and they have good chemistry:

I hope the show does more with them and really gets her out of Billy's orbit. I don't think that her and Billy have chemistry and I believe she was used to give Victoria/Billy angst. I don't want to see her wasted with Billy anymore.

• Members

Christian's mother is Sage who died. She slept with Adam, but was also romantically involved with Nick and married him. Phyllis and Nick have been together multiple times. The last a couple of times they got together were more like flings/very short term relationships. Including them sleeping together again, the last time Nick was engaged to Sharon again. Sharon found out and exposed them at her and Nick's wedding. Phyllis and Jack had various issues throughout the years, including her cheating on him with Billy, which helped end their relationship the last time they broke up. Phyllis then began a relationship with Billy, but that went down south after he got caught up in gambling again. And he also ended up sleeping with Summer, who had tried to seduce him when he was with Phyllis. That deepened the rift between him and Phyllis and they haven't been together since.

Kyle's mother is Diane Jenkins, who was killed by Nikki. JT Helstrom is the father of VIctoria's son Reed. They were together and married some years ago. They ended up splitting up but got back together when he came back on the show a couple of years, ago. But things went down the south when he started exhibiting controlling behavior towards her. He also roughed her up physically. Nikki ended up striking him with a fire poker after he was got in Victoria's face again. Victoria, Nikki, Sharon, Phyllis thought he had had died after Nikki struck him. They tried to cover up his death, (and even went on trial for it) but he ended up being revealed to be alive and was sent to prison.

Neil was Devon's adoptive father, Drucilla was his adoptive mother. His biological parents are Tucker McCall (Katherine's son) a very wealthy businessman and Yolanda "Harmony" Hamilton. Chance is Jill's grandson through her oldest son Phillip III and his relationship with Nina. Theo is actually Stuart Brook's and Dina's grandson. (Making him not only Jack, but also Traci and Ashley's nephew and well as the nephew to the Brooks sisters) Dina slept with Stuart in high school and went out of the country to have Theo's father Eric Vanderway. She gave Eric up for adoption and he ended up dying when Theo was a teenager of a heart attack. The family found out not too long ago that he was their relative.

Edited by xtr