Y&R March 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think that today's scenes with Ashley/Jack and Traci are good. They are touching. I like seeing them reading Dina's thoughts and like supportive and loving they are towards each other. Especially the way that Jack/Ashley are comforting Traci. Dina mentioned how she felt like she let Traci down the most and how she regretted she wasn't around her and how she didn't go to Colleen's funeral. Those were emotional scenes and it was nice seeing Jack/Ashley put their arms around Traci literally and figuratively to comfort her.

This is going to be hard on all of them, but Traci was the youngest when Dina left and that definitely has it's own impact on her dealing with this situation. Traci usually is the one that tries to hold the family together and often times she acts like she's the big sister. It's nice seeing Jack/Ashley acting like comforting, protective big siblings to her.

• Members

And they had a perfect out with the Graham story, but nope. Let’s make Dina actually sick AND take her offscreen.

Hasnt Mike been on GH with his diagnosis for years regularly appearing? I stopped watching awhile ago.

• Members

Yep, exactly. I'm so pissed they didn't "correct course" with Dina. But Josh isn't that kind of writer I suppose. He's not a Ron who comes in and brings everyone back from the dead and fixes previous writers errors ... all while making his own, of course. lol. (But Josh will go back and act as if it's still 2013)

Max Gail debuted as Mike in 2018. February-ish maybe? He appears like once a month usually but sometimes they give him a few days a month and there's been times he hasn't been on much at all. He's had things to do, overall, and some good scenes, and is pretty regular I guess for the show having such a bloated cast.

They started acting like they would do away with it when Sonny started researching treatments a few months ago, but they kinda dropped that (sort of) with Dan coming on. That being said my viewing of GH has been spotty this month at best and I'm still catching up. I think something happens to Mike this week but I don't know what. 

While I don't think they care that much at Y&R, it almost feels like they think it would do a disservice to the disease if they wash it away but they could and should. Just mind boggling how they aren't able to mine what's in front of them (and that goes for the whole show, honestly)

I'm guessing the original plan for Dina was for Graham to be behind it. It just truly felt like that's where it was headed and then ... nope. Would have been SO easy. Sigh.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Mal was gung ho  on the Alzheimers story as it was personal to him (I think his mother was affected).

However, Dina's actions (burning down Underground etc) used her ailment as a plot point.

Dina could have filled the role vacated when Katherine died - a no nonsense businesswoman with a prickly relationship with her family.

The Abbott's have been decimated. Jack has nothing happening, Kyle's story with Lola,Summer and Theo has been poorly written and motivated,Traci and Asley just pop in and Abby has never been strongly defined.

The show's problems go back years...

• Members

Oh the show's problems definitely go back years. lol

Exactly on Dina. And yeah, I do remember that about Mal. For some reason it wasn't hitting me as I was writing the post earlier. lol. I think I've mentally blocked Mal out.

• Members

Those ratings are worthless. YR was pre-empted or shortened 3 or 4 days, and one day it aired for only 4 minutes. The ratings show an enormous loss of over 200k for the week while B&B picks up more than 400k. 

Sorry, that makes no sense, and is proof the ratings for that week should be ignored.