DAYS: Actors released from contracts

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It’s telling both were released. It’s an admission the characters were stuck. The fact not even one of these 2 legacy characters can be incorporated into Salem’s fabric only highlights the WilSon were a desert island - except for Will & Maggie, which kinda makes my case! 

• Members

I won’t miss either of them, and I don’t think they added anything as far as gay visibility, gay representation, or anything else. 

The writing for WilSon has been weak, but the acting? Even worse. Chandler and Freddie stopped trying long ago. Freddie was awful when he tried, because he can’t act. Chandler decided that every scene should be played as a joke, hence the smirks and grins. 

I called for both actors to be fired and recast years ago, and I fault the show for not getting them in line. No one there watched Massey grin through serious scenes? That’s appalling.

On the gay front, there’s nothing to miss. Chandler and Freddie have ZERO chemistry, and touching each other looked like a chore, or worse. If you told me they couldn’t stand each other in real life, I’d believe it.

Affection? None. Oh, except for Chandler’s hands around Freddie’s face, which isn’t sexy or hot. Kissing? That’s a laugh. I’ve never seen such tight pursed lips kisses in my life. Then there are the kisses where they avoided each others’ lips entirely. Just awful.

What is there for gays to miss when they leave? A reminder that there were two guys who absolutely refused to commit to a gay storyline and seemed to want to announce “We’re not gay” with their acting?

Guy Wilson is a weak actor, but damn if he wasn’t 100x better than these two when it came to investing in the gay stuff. So was Christopher Sean. So is the guy who plays Evan.

Two legacy characters — ruined by actors who don’t give a damn.  

• Members

I thought Chandler and Freddie were good when they first started, but over the years they seemed to get worse, especially since Will and Sonny got back together. Which is weird because usually a younger actor gets better over time, not worse.

The writing didn't do them any favors either. Paul should never have been written out. When CS left, they should've recast. That triangle could have gone on for years, and it would have been something fresh and new, which is always good for a soap. Leo Stark and Will's brain tumor were unnecessary, and frankly a little stupid. I am liking their story right now, but having Will just brush the whole thing off and stay in prison, like his life and the lives of everyone he loves haven't been destroyed, is ridiculous. Will needs to be gray in this story as opposed to being a saint the whole time.

Regardless, I like Will and Sonny and Chandler and Freddie and I hope they get a happy ending or are brought back. 

Makes you wonder what's going to happen to Evan.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Our soap savior Ron Carlivati did a poor job writing for gay characters?

Shocking. 

Not that this was anything new. It's telling that the only time anyone was ever interested in CM's Will was hoping they could imagine a hunky straight guy giving him a pounding. He had nothing to offer as a character in an entire decade on the show. And they gave up on Sonny a long time ago. 

At least now we can look forward to which Identikit doll they may bring in that we will all pretend is worth caring about because he has an eight-pack and because in some alternate universe he might dick down a gawping twink.

Fun times.