dragonflies

DAYS: Actors released from contracts

6 hours ago, Sindacco said:

I'm pretty sure he left when his four year contract was up.

Thank you Sindacco. I really wasn't sure and couldn't remember if we ever heard for sure (and it's probably possible I just don't remember lol). It seemed a bit sudden at the time I thought, he "wasn't leaving" then voila he did, so I wasn't 100% sure. You never know with this show, lol!

3 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Thank you Sindacco. I really wasn't sure and couldn't remember if we ever heard for sure (and it's probably possible I just don't remember lol). It seemed a bit sudden at the time I thought, he "wasn't leaving" then voila he did, so I wasn't 100% sure. You never know with this show, lol!

Ya I remember he and Marci Miller taped their last scenes on the same day.  It was really shocking because they were really enthusiastic about "Days" publicly, but then it felt obvious that they were waiting to leave and try their luck outside daytime (I think this happened around the same time as how Pierson Fode similarly left B&B).

23 hours ago, DynamiteKiddo said:

Ya I remember he and Marci Miller taped their last scenes on the same day.  It was really shocking because they were really enthusiastic about "Days" publicly, but then it felt obvious that they were waiting to leave and try their luck outside daytime (I think this happened around the same time as how Pierson Fode similarly left B&B).

Ahh yes. It definitely felt that way. They were all gung-ho DAYS but then "bye"! lol. It just left you feeling ... were they dumped and allowed to spin it? Was it mutual? Did they bolt? I'd say they made the right call, even though I miss Christopher Sean (nothing against Marci Miller, she was just too blah to me as Abigail and it wasn't the right role for her, and I didn't love how she played her, when she had the fire in her to play it differently; anywho ... but I also blame agenda driven Dena Higley's writing too, I saw a vast difference when Ron took over). Not sure where Fode is at the moment ... ? lol

(and of course their gungho attitude towards DAYS is likely because they enjoyed their time their and maybe didn't exactly want to leave but knew they needed to, so I'd imagine Christopher Sean would return if the timing were right and he were asked)

Edited by KMan101

On 3/8/2020 at 3:00 AM, Sindacco said:

I'm pretty sure he left when his four year contract was up.

I had to look this up. I can't believe he was on the show four years. Mind-blowing. I thought it was maybe 1.5.

2 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Ahh yes. It definitely felt that way. They were all gung-ho DAYS but then "bye"! lol. It just left you feeling ... were they dumped and allowed to spin it? Was it mutual? Did they bolt? I'd say they made the right call, even though I miss Christopher Sean (nothing against Marci Miller, she was just too blah to me as Abigail and it wasn't the right role for her, and I didn't love how she played her, when she had the fire in her to play it differently; anywho ... but I also blame agenda driven Dena Higley's writing too, I saw a vast difference when Ron took over). Not sure where Fode is at the moment ... ? lol

(and of course their gungho attitude towards DAYS is likely because they enjoyed their time their and maybe didn't exactly want to leave but knew they needed to, so I'd imagine Christopher Sean would return if the timing were right and he were asked)

Oh I think they were looking for greener pastures.  Christopher Sean very deservingly believes in himself... so I don't think he'd return to "Days" in a long-term capacity unless he felt he really exhausted all his options, which he hasn't.  But TPTB should have done so much more with him.  They really bet on the wrong horse.  CS was fantastic and we all talk about his spark with CM's Will and how hot they were together, but his initial story with Sonny in 2014/15 was really compelling and it became very unclear who the "root-for" couple was, which is the best kind of triangle.  Then FS left, GW was fired, and CS was back-burned.  Such a waste.

I can go on and on about Marci Miller... I thought she was the best young actress that "Days" found in many years... but the Higley writing was f*cking trash with Dario/Abby/Chad/Gabi (was it endless baseball or basketball flashbacks?  OMFG lol), then we had to endure Stefan/Gabby/Abby/Chad... and Miller played a completely different Abby from Mansi, who became so beloved in the role.  And even though Miller's Abby was actually more of the traditional long-suffering soap heroine *I* wanted Abby to be, Mansi's fiery, unpredictable portrayal just fits better and when she came back at the end of 2018, it felt SO right.  But now we don't have a full-time Abby, though (I think she's really needed) and try as Ron Carlivati may, Sarah is NOT cutting it as a(n older) replacement.  I'm surprised they don't interact, lol.

10 hours ago, koos said:

I had to look this up. I can't believe he was on the show four years. Mind-blowing. I thought it was maybe 1.5.

They really wasted him the majority of time.