DAYS: Actors released from contracts

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd have kept Will/Chandler but maybe it wasn't a choice. Reminds me a bit of when Missy Reeves left in 2006, Matt was dumped along with her, and he finished out his contract into 2007 (or he was on recurring; I don't recall), because Ashley Benson was still playing Abby into 2007.

I guess it's still "early" with Evan (how long is he around for?) but they should have done more with him.

I feel like Ron tries (not that it's good) but he's constantly muted and stopped by homophobic producers (some of whom are gay themselves). Soaps, as is, on network daytime, will never evolve. How sad they were more progressive in the 60s, 70s and early 90s than they are today, in 2020. 

I will never stop bringing it up that Leo was "too gay" for pearl clutching NBC and Albert Alarr. I'm guessing Corday too. Steve Kent's seemingly racist so he's probably homophobic too. DAYS just doesn't stand a chance. (And let's not forget, gorgeous Gabrielle Union's hair was "too black" for NBC "audiences")

This is the same soap that had Will and Sonny IN THE SHOWER together once upon a time.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

True.  But, you know, even if the soaps have to behave like it's still 1955, they STILL could be FAR more entertaining than they are right now.  That's MY issue with the state of the genre in 2020.

Edited by Khan

• Members

That's more and more the case. I think when Kassie did her exit interview for SOD, she was already back filming some guest episodes, LOL.

Probably! I check out Freddie's YouTube channel sometimes and he had Chandler on talking about their exit and they said NBC stopped giving them anything romantic to do and early on in their story it was pushing the boundaries much more. He said they're lucky if they get a peck on the lips a few times a year now.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

Yeah. I know Freddie and Chandler leave lots to desire in the acting department but I do somewhat understand them checking out. They definitely "pushed the limits" back in 2012-2014 but alas ... it's still so tame. Anywho ... yeah it was clear something changed. I also wonder if NBC nipped any Paul/Will/Sonny triangle. That had loads of potential. Did Christopher Sean leave on his own or is that how they let him paint it? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the mismanagement that is DAYS (and all the other soaps, really)

I mean, you have what NBC wants, what Sony wants, what Corday wants, what Alarr wants, what Meng wants, what Ron/Ryan wants (and the latter three probably don't get much say and I have a feeling Alarr is Ken's buddy and in his ear) ... such a mess of interference and "wants" from way too many "cooks in the kitchen"

Edited by KMan101