DAYS: Actors released from contracts

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel Chandler still plays Will has this insecure introvert like he did back in 2010

I saw his maggie scenes as Will being nervous & not wanting to say what she did but proding her to remember

I loved his scene with Vic. He was angry at him but I wouldnt buy for a second that Vic is gonna help Will get an earkly release

As for Freddie, I liked his anger as Sonny with Gabi as she wasnt thinking of Ari at all

At the same time, he should have dialed back the yelling and facial expressions a bit

• Members

Didn't feel like it lol. You can tell because they just aren't bothering to connect with the material. I can't say I blame them at times but at the same time ... rise above it and act your ass off. But they don't. I can see why they were both dumped, personally. I like Chandler as Will but it was time for a break.

• Members

Exactly.  Look at Macdonald Carey and Frances Reid.  I doubt they enjoyed much of what the writers did with Tom and/or Alice, post-1970's.  Yet, even when Alice was helping Bo break out of jail with a batch of bad doughnuts, or Tom was penning poetry under the name "Norm De Plume," Carey and Reid were still professional enough to make the silly material work.

• Members

@KMan101 @Khan 100% It's their job! Think of how many actors would gladly trade places with them.  It's ludicrous - every single vet has had far worse or ridiculous material than WilSon. I know a lot people give RSW a lot of flack for his limitations, but I can tell he's engaged and trying. (And, he's had a lot of terrible scripts/stories.)

Forget the straight-to-tape nonsense, I've read plenty of interviews with soap actors discussing pre-tape run throughs in dressing rooms, etc. It's not like they get handed the script and tape five minutes later.