DAYS: Actors released from contracts

• Members

I watched the podcast and they were saying that they didnt get reheresal on set. They just camera block and then film. But they do that with everyone not just Chandler & Freddie

Now they said they read scripts in the dressing rooms so rehersal is on them to do

Edited by John

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Freddie said they had never rehearsed on set and he thought he was doing a good job in his scenes. He said his final scenes with Chandler were rehearsed and that the director was telling them how he wanted the scene done.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Agreed. I think one advantage the NY soaps had was that there was a pool of theater actors they could pluck most of whom graduated from colleges with strong acting programs. OC, there were exceptions, like the original hair model aka Lori Laughlin.

That said, the LA acting community has plenty of trained, unknown actors who could be hired to stay within budget, so the real issues are the casting department and the lack of support. 

While those in charge may think they're saving $$, they don't realize that having weak actors with little range contributes to audience turn-off. Skilled actors, more direction, shorter scenes, would lead to a better show = better ratings = more money. 

• Members

I would sooner excuse bad acting nowadays and for the last 10 years versus the decades before, knowing they have NO dress rehearsals, reshoots are frowned upon, and you have to do nearly all your scenes in one take.... PLUS the fact that EIGHT episodes are crammed into a week versus shooting one episode per day. 

• Members

Exactly. Even during some of the worst writers some of the good actors rise above it. I mean Eileen Davidson and Joe Mascolo sold the absolute hell out of the bizarre [!@#$%^&*] Reilly had them do. 

Kinda random but I always remember Kirsten Storms bolting DAYS and then landing on GH and acting like it was a "step up". Always soured me on her and still does ....

And exactly. It's their JOB to be prepared and ACT. If we all slacked and thought about pizza all day, we'd be fired too. Just sayin' ....

Exactly. Some of them act like it's exactly like that, they get handed scripts and are shoved on set to tape. Nope. Not like that. It's called BEING PREPARED. Maybe some of the younger folks (lol I'm young too but thankfully grew up with house phones, no cell phones and I still went outside to play and NO SOCIAL MEDIA! We all managed to survive somehow!) should take to less social media building their "brand" and actually hone their so called craft ...

I think RSW remains AWFUL. LOL. Sorry but I do. But yes. He's ENGAGED. He tries. I hate some of the breathy "pensive" looks he tries to give but he's committed to the show and tries. So I give him slack. (I feel like the Liberty Mutual commercial with the RSW look-alike in a leather jacket is bizarrely poking fun at him, well those actors kinda like him, and I laugh every time). But he's committed and tries! He's never thinking about pizza. Maybe about working out ...

Edited by KMan101