• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sure they're already preparing to get scripts for a webseries

Please register in order to view this content

lol

I am so good with them shipping out Chad/Abby, JJ, Rafe, Will/Sonny and even Gabi (Camila posted something ominous but it could have been about Wilson? and not her being out) for a while if it means replacing them on the canvas with the likes of Belle, Philip, Shawn, Chloe ... unless this is purely all budget cutting and we're left with just vets in wash/rinse/repeat plots ... lol 

All of those characters had great times, bad times, and now it's time for a rest. They've all been on (and off at times) and leading since 2009, basically. So ... it's time for a shakeup.

Can we swap out Wilson for Paul and Kevin? lol

EDIT:

You could essentially replace everyone leaving with someone else ... I can see if it was strategic (lol) to clean house to make room for others ... but that remains to be seen, even though we know a slew of folks are returning in the spring/summer

My Guess ...

Chad -> Stefan

Abby -> Belle

Haley -> Claire

JJ -> Philip (wishful thinking??)

Rafe -> Shawn

Will -> CAN WE GET PAUL BACK PLEASE?

Sonny -> How about someone new? Or Kevin Lambert?

Gabi (NOT CONFIRMED TO BE LEAVING) -> Chloe (? NOT CONFIRMED TO BE RETURNING)

And again this is just wishful thinking on my part, so we'll see. I can see how certain folks were picked to get written out as it's time for their HEA send-aways (unless we have some random deaths).

I don't see Louise Sorel, Alison Sweeney or Bryan Dattilo (all who are returning) on contract so ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I know lots of people do not enjoy him but I would have kept Will and let Sonny go.

One thing I will never get with these soaps in the last 15 years or so is constantly getting rid of late 20’s to mid 30’s aged cast members/characters.  Marlena (and Hope, Jennifer etc) can’t move into stories that suit where their characters are at now, because the people like Carrie, Lucas, Shawn Douglas, Belle, etc are gone or keep being written out.  These soap towns are full of vets 50 and up, and “teen” or very early 20’s characters, and a handful of stragglers in between.  

The vets are there to hold an audience that is apathetic at best, and the kids are there to lure people that for the most part would not watch.