DAYS: Actors released from contracts

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sami, Lucas, Belle, Shawn, Claire, Phillip, Theresa, Joey, Stephanie, Nathan, Johnny, Allie, Sydney, I’d love to see all of them come back

I wouldn’t even mind seeing some of the characters were born in the 80s, 90s and 00s who haven’t really been seen since come back: Alex Kiriakis, Andrew Donovan, Noelle Curtis, Joy Wesley, JT Reiber, etc. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

They are. But we don't know for how long. IMO it should be permanent. These firings should free up the room. Philip and Chloe should also return IMO.

Agreed. Lucas is back sometime this year but again who knows for how long. Would love seeing him back permanently with an aged Allie and Johnny.

If "Cin" (gag) are staying, they should recast Theo. (Not sure Joey is needed but what will Kayla and Steve do after this mess is over?)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

No great loss!

But I remain perplexed at why Eric Martsoff (Brady) continues to dodge this particular bullet.  If a character is long past his expiration date, Brady is that character.  They look for ways to make him viable when the character simply needs a rest.  Does Eric come to work in a wife beater and speedos?  What tf is it?!

• Members

Dude, I was about to make the same joke  

I was just saying that in another thread. 

Again, unpopular opinion, but one way to "freshen" up the Brady role is to switch out the actors and put Kyle Lowder back in the role.  Then, Brady will look like John's son, not his brother, and they can revisit Brady/Chloe. Plus, Lowder would look better than Martsolf in those speedos at this point... 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I felt that the two characters had been written into a corner in many ways...CS/Paul had better chemistry with either of them than Will and Sonny together. But, regardless, to me it's sad that there will be no lgbt presence on the show anymore. As a gay viewer, characters like Will, Sonny, Paul (and a lesser extent Evan and Leo) made me feel sort of more of the DAYS world if that makes sense.

Now, with just Ciara and the serial killer and other stories (Stevano, Princess Gina) not doing it for me, I don't feel any compelling reason to watch. For about six months now, my viewing has been spotty to begin with after years of watching daily...so I've seen the good and the bad over the years. But, this just kind of kills any interest I have at this point and sort of deflates any excitement I felt about the show. It would have been better to maybe release one from their contract and send the remaining character on a totally new storyline path. It's also sad that Will was one of the few characters left with the Horton name.

• Members

Or just a new, younger recast altogether. (Don't like Kyle Lowder much.) But I bet this show keeps psycho Kristen, whose sell-by date expired a good 20 YEARS (!) AGO. Trying to reset her as the poor woman that had her baby switched (when she is 50+ and shouldn't spawn!) with a star-crossed romance with the son of a man she also was engaged to/pregnant by, is just gross.

I know...soapy. But at least Reva and Brooke Logan, who also went through male family members, weren't psycho killers.

• Members

I appreciate their historical importance and I enjoyed them in DAYS of yore, but they've been written so badly since CM's return that I don't think it's a bad thing for them to go. It's obvious that someone -- and I don't believe it was Ron -- wanted to neuter them of any sexual component that might offend homophobes. I wish both actors the best.