DAYS: Actors released from contracts

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lawd...you're terrible Tim.

My soap watching will be officially done in September when Chandler last airs. 

I hope he does more movies. In the video they mention a meet and greet with him. I'd love to meet him. Probably my last chance to. 

I wish Freddie would stop praising the crappy stories they got. And it's apparent Freddie only listened to his Twitter and insta page viewers because a lot of people were sick of the Wilson pairing and preferred Will with Paul. I know Chandler was aware of it since he mentioned it on his Twitter page a while back.

• Members

I don't know. It seems like Days never wanted Freddie/Sonny to have facial hair. It seems like he always had to shave it before he went back to taping. Even though I think he looks better with facial hair.

I think that a lot of men in general (maybe most) look better with at least some amount of facial hair. I would like to see more men including some of the younger ones wear it more.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Ken Corday.

he is always the first and last reason why this show is in the crapper, looking like a HS production (not trying to insult HS productions)...

it is. so unprofessional. KC needs someone with some serious money and a love for DAYS to buy him out. he has proven has no NO IDEA what the hell he's doing. and so has Sony.

• Members

Judi, I can sort of get that at least - she's recurring and has another job plus they have Bonnie in the wings they might want to use. I could see that being an oversight, but Galen, Chandler and Freddie? They've been regularly on the canvas for the last decade+. How hard is it to sit down with them and actually tell them that they're being written out?

Edited by te.

• Members

That podcast is too much.

Freddie acts like he’s some incredible actor, when he’s really awful. He always came to work ready to tape with no rehearsal? Yeah, I can tell.

Chandler did at one point say that not being told they were fired was “shi_tty,” but overall kept praising everyone at DAYS and declaring his love for everyone there. 

it was so obvious he doesn’t want to burn bridges there or harm his career in any way. I. get that, but overdoing the praise was sickening.

• Members

I know Smirky gets a lot of justifiable grief for his seemingly lazy acting, but this is DAYS - the same show that’s kept Drake employed for years. 

@Soapsuds there’s a marked difference when CM is paired with certain vets. It’s probably because actors like ED and LK wouldn’t stand for it.  What CM and some actors don’t seem to get is that most material, especially on 250+ episode/yr soaps, isn’t great, but good actors are able to transcend and sell even the worst material. 

Plus I do believe CM will be back within a few months. The other 2, I doubt will ever return.