DAYS: Actors released from contracts

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Guess FS saw the writing on the wall awhile back

https://tvline.com/2020/02/12/days-of-our-lives-freddie-smith-chandler-massey-leaving-sonny-and-will/

Smith says he saw the writing on the wall in recent weeks. “As the scripts started coming in, I was like, ‘This doesn’t look good. This doesn’t look like we’re going to get [re-]signed to a contract.'”

• Members

I didn't say it in my blast the other night on the DAYS board, but WilSon are taking up two slots that should go to others. Unfortunately, the characters got boxed in by terrible writing/stories. Should they be a part of the Salem's fabric? Absolutely - legacy characters with ties everywhere. The execution has been terrible - I have to FF through nearly all scenes involving them. 

The current rhetoric is that "gays" are cut first. But we know that's false after GG's announcement last week. DAYS has to reinvent itself to survive.

It's not like they can't come back. In fact, they'll probably start filming before they 'officially' exit.

• Members

I can see them replacing everyone exiting with others who deserve some time on the main show. It was time for a shakeup.

I just want to know if this is all budget cutting, is it making room on the canvas for others or is it freeing the budget for a big name? 

Edited by KMan101